Corsair Community

Damaging flaw/bug with latest verson 4.2.4.25

bandgeek12345

sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong place but i would like to get the word out on this issue because it can be very damaging to systems if not caught early on. with the latest version of corsair link 4.2.4.25. if your water block pump fails the software will pretend one of the fans attached to the H100i is your waterblock. that means the software will report that everything is running A-OK, when in actuality your liquid isnt moving and your CPU is FRYING. i thought i had a dead fan for 2 days before i noticed some severe underclocking on my CPU. it had no cooling. and corsair link pretended like nothing was wrong. no warning if my pump stopped like i had it set. it just pretended a fan was my pump. so keep some eyes and ears out for this, this can definitely damage/ruin a CPU if not addressed quickly.

i can guarentee it is the H100i. not the V2 or the GTX.

OK, the H100i reports the pump speed to the CPU Fan header, so if the pump actually stopped then the BIOS should warn about this unless you disabled this warning in the BIOS.

That said there can be a blockage and the pump will still be spinning, but without seeing the CL4 [Home] tab screen shot I can't sensibly comment.

In general you need to "keep an eye on" the H100i coolant temperature.

Archived