Corsair Community

GPU won't downclock with Corsair Link or CUE active?

truechill

Anyone else have this issue? My 1070 will not go below 20% usage (~1500 MHz clock) when any Corsair utilities are running.

I need an answer, because running my GPU at 55C 24/7 is straight up not acceptable. Why are these utilities using so much GPU power?

Yes I've checked it with multiple monitoring apps at different times with full restarts in between them all.

I just checked and my 4 x GTX 980 are fine when I run CL 4.2.4.25 on this W7 x64 Build 7601 system with the V372.54 nVidia drivers. Initially the P-State jumped from P8 to P0 and then the speed dropped back. That said the CPU time usage is way too high though. I can't check CUE as I don't have it installed.

You should provide more information. I recommend:

1. The Windows build number
  2. The nVidia driver version
  3. The CL4 version
  4. The CUE version
  5. Post a screen shot what shows the GPU P-State, Power %, etc.
  6. A plot showing the % GPU load jumping to 20% when CL4 starts.
  7. The screen shot should also include all that CL4 is displaying.
  8. If you minimise the CL4 GUI what happens to the % GPU load?

Below is what I saw on my system with the arrows showing when CL4 was started. Once I started CL4 the average system CPU load jumped by about 2% (50% of one CPU) and the CPUs started running at 3.10 rather than 1.20GHz :(:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26296&stc=1&d=1472017171

1899430240_GPUOKCPUtoohigh.thumb.png.cfcd10f02ae3d528c818de951abeb5f2.png

I'll give all of that information later today when I get off work. I will probably just show a gif of my GPU jumping to 20% usage/temps increasing instantly when loading CL / CUE. My CPU is always at 4.5 GHz since I just finished my build recently and began overclocking. Haven't gotten around to learning how to set offsets and what not yet so that it downclocks.

Would HWMonitor sensors be enough information?

try going in the nvidia control panel and turning off the gpu off for Link and CUE

This man has the answers!

I manually added Corsair Link and CUE to my NVIDIA Control Panel program settings and set every single setting to either off or the minimum allowed, and as long as the the app is minimized to System Tray, it no longer runs my clock speed up.

Archived