Corsair Community

On Scale 0-10 How Screwed Am I? SUDDEN KEY CHATTER ON ALL KEYS

WellDamn

I'll keep it short.

3 Month old keyboard.

STRAFE RGB. Periodic and random flickering allover the keyboard on reactive RGB effects.

Ignore it for a month, too busy to bother, use one static color instead, no problem.

Fast forward to week ago - given the third world country I live in and that I don't want to bother dealing with lengthy RMAs that would probably take month or two, I decide to look for a custom, simple static rainbow profile. I go online, download few profiles, try to load them - nothing happens. I force update firmware via CUE. Still nothing happens. I'm thinking to myself - I guess I'm just doing something wrong, and ignore it.

Meanwhile, very shortly afterwards I start noticing that some keys type same letter twice - e.g. 'ii' instead of 'i'. Research online and apparently it's called ''Key Chatter''. I go on Corsair forums and find this software called Key Hitter. I download and run it. At first I notice no problem. Threshold 1, 2, 4,8,10, 15, 20. Nothing. The moment I set Threshold to above ~24 all keys start suffering from key chatter. I don't even use numpad - how on earth would keys I've never used become defective?

I've tried changing polling rates, downgrading CUE, different computers. Nothing at all.

All in all, TLDR: out of literally nowhere, one day, at some random moment, all keys started from suffering key chatter.

I mean, fine, maybe I have some failing LEDS, I can live with it, but I find it very difficult to believe that keys, which were all working perfectly fine one moment, all failed the very next moment.

Maybe there's some secret shortcut or something I've accidentally pressed on keyboard that has enabled some sort of a setting that registers more keys than I press? I don't know.

EDIT: TO Clarify, chatter is not constant and happens at random intervals. Sometimes I can retype same sentence for over 50 times and see no issues.

EDIT 2: Typing from other Corsair Keyboard (K70). New, barely used, using Key Hitter, with threshold set to 30, it also displays all keys having chatter, so I maybe there's a problem in Key hitter software.

I know that it is not advised on your key chatter tutorial, but I bought canned air and blew some air into 'i' letter, the one that I observed had the most issues.

So far, it hasn't really typed twice yet. Maybe it was fixed? I don't know.

Why do you think it is bad to use canned air on keys?

Also, Key Hitter, apparently it will show key chatter on all keyboards if you press a key a enough times on threshold 30.

I know that it is not advised on your key chatter tutorial, but I bought canned air and blew some air into 'i' letter, the one that I observed had the most issues.

So far, it hasn't really typed twice yet. Maybe it was fixed? I don't know.

Why do you think it is bad to use canned air on keys?

Also, Key Hitter, apparently it will show key chatter on all keyboards if you press a key a enough times on threshold 30.

ive seen people online stating that blowing canned air in to the key just flat out killed it. If its worked for you that good to hear.

And well yes if you set it to 30 all keys will report chatter. The point of the software is to tune it down not up lol ;):

Archived