Corsair Community

Free space missing on SSD - where are my gigabytes?!

davidm71

Hi,

I have a Corsair Force 3 120 gb ssd drive. Windows 7 64 says I have total size of 110 gb (assume its a 1024 rounding thing) but the numbers don't add up in that using a few free space utilities I have total 70 gb used space but only 20gb free space. So the question is where's the missing 20 gigs? Is this over provisioning that I am not sure what it means?

Thanks.

It shows like 90gb used but after counting all my folders including the hidden hibernate file it just doesn't add up especially after getting property info on each folder size or using free space folder exploring utilities. How can I check they're not in bad blocks?

Thanks

it all depends on your paging files, i noticed that i was losing storage space when paging was enabled on my ssd, i then moved it to my raid 0 setup and gained the space back. if you have another hard drive, you could have the paging done there. my technicle skills are not up to par but that was the last issue i had. my friend walked me thru it. also i think you could read a little of the info. here http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82516 it is about half way down, paging file. hope this helps

Archived