Corsair Community

Wheels for Corsair 800D

Ultimatium

This crossed my mind also for my 800D Im trying to decide if I can mount them on the present feet. Also I think we would need two sets adding one to center. At this size and weight the center may sag over time.

About a year ago, someone also added Lian-Li wheels and I think he added a set for the center feet also.

This crossed my mind also for my 800D Im trying to decide if I can mount them on the present feet. Also I think we would need two sets adding one to center. At this size and weight the center may sag over time.

My thoughts exactly. Mounting them directly on the present feet may be the easiest solution. However, i would not risk only having one set of wheels mounted, as there are a total of 3 present feet, and the center present feet would definitely need a wheel mounted as well, in order to avoid pressure.

Keep me updated on how it works out for you. Also, the Lian Li wheels seems to be the best choice, they even come with neat little pre-drilled holes.

Double sided tape:roll: where not mcgyver kidding please bolt them on

hey i have an Idea mmmmmm:cool: Skate board trucks and wheels I;m a old guy so not my deal but Im gonna check :D:

Yeah, your right. Double sided tape was a stupid idea. Bolting them on would be the only option. I'm going to check if the Lian Li wheels fit, and if they do, i will order two sets ( 2x4 ) and mount them.

• 2 weeks later...
I am also thinking about adding wheels to my 800D. I think 3 sets of wheels would do fine, as my case lost a bit of structural integrity when I modded it for the bottom radiator. I am just concerned about the steering ability with 6 wheels. Maybe I could do a project with servo-motors to steer the beast ;)

found my small, rotating wheels yesterday at a local shop. Now will just have to get the courage of drilling holes into my fully functional PC, but I have been thinking, maybe I should just place the PC on chipboard, and put the wheels under the chipboard. Much less chance of damaging the stuff inside like that.

found my small, rotating wheels yesterday at a local shop. Now will just have to get the courage of drilling holes into my fully functional PC, but I have been thinking, maybe I should just place the PC on chipboard, and put the wheels under the chipboard. Much less chance of damaging the stuff inside like that.

Can you post pictures? :biggrin:

:laughing:No guts no glory I will decide a little farther into my build if I want to add wheels. I might add them with a skirt and wheel wells

I like the skirt and wheel wells idea. With the case on a platform so air still sucks up from below. Vrroom

I really have no reason to ever move my case.. however, I would rather put the wheels in the recessed areas instead of on the "feet" of the case so it keeps as low of a profile as possible.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is the entire case is designed to transfer loads to the feet, just as a building is designed to transfer loads to the vertical columns. That would also mean that the recessed areas in the base aren't reinforced enough to handle that load. Just my guess.

€uro 3,00 at local hardware store

[ATTACH]7546[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7550[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7551[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7552[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7553[/ATTACH]

Lmao, adding those wheels to a sleek,shiny, watercooled Corsair 800D would be such a shame imo.

Well, i found a guy who has managed to install the lian li wheels on his 800D.

Wheels Rear

Side Wheels

I will have to ask him a couple of questions about the measurements to make sure to do it exactly the same way as he did it. Will post back with pictures if i manage to mount the wheels.

Archived