Corsair Community

Corsair ONE 2019 series question

RC_ONE

Hi and Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I've been around, and with news coming out of CES I was wondering if the new Corsair ONE 2019 line has some form of hardware temp/cooling management? Or does it still fully rely on the LINK software to respond to the temp sensors by increasing the fan RPM's, like the older C1 models?

Part of the reason I ask is if the LINK software doesn't properly load at boot and I didn't realize this, or if LINK fails/experiences a software conflict, or if I want to run a *nix distro, then run the system under load, aside from CPU automatic thermal limiting/throttling I'd like to know there's temp/fan management that would kick in during a system/CPU/GPU overheat condition if the LINK software cannot respond or isn't present.

Thanks,

RC

• Corsair Employee
Does this "iCUE" software run under (e.g.) Ubuntu - or more generally, can the new C1 run with Linux as an O/S?

iCUE does not currently support Linux-based operating systems. Technically the CORSAIR ONE (2019) models could work with Linux, however, they'll fall back on the built-in firmware for the cooling system (which isn't exactly ideal).

Archived