Corsair Community

How can I know about memory chips

LP4D

How can I know about specific memory chip information? Where I can get this information?

Also, how can get information about what maximum frequency can I get for my motherboard and processor.

I'm asking it because I'm saw Kingston website and they are offering only maximum 2666Mhz For my motherboard. I'm need at least 3000.

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 2400G

ASRock AB350M-HDV

Should I change my motherboard (I didnt buy yet) or I'm need to searching RAM (from another manufacturer like yours for example)?

How can I know about specific memory chip information? Where I can get this information?

That is something that is not disclosed for most models. However there are some unofficial resources available around the WWW, that should cover most of the more popular choices.

Should I change my motherboard (I didnt buy yet) or I'm need to searching RAM (from another manufacturer like yours for example)?

I would suggest getting a B450 model instead, if you have not bought it yet. Most models will give you an easy time to reach DDR4-3000/3200 while it can be a real struggle with the AB350M-HDV.

For an 2400G based office system, maybe check out the MSI B450M Mortar (dual 4K ready with DP+HDMI).

Archived