Corsair Community

Carbide Air 540 revision?

unsurety

Long shot, but is there a revision in the works? Or can I expect an ETA on an update? Though the feedback on the case has generally very positive, there are a few documented complaints about the case.

I haven't followed the lifespan of cases, but I know for example the 600T has changed throughout the years. Maybe an Obsidian version?

Though the feedback on the case has generally very positive, there are a few documented complaints about the case.

What exactly are you talking about? The only thing that has been reported is the short I/O cables that have been replaced already.

What other revision are you expecting? The case just came out.

What exactly are you talking about? The only thing that has been reported is the short I/O cables that have been replaced already.

What other revision are you expecting? The case just came out.

There are several, but as I mentioned, they're minor. But they are problems nonetheless. The I/O cables are being taken care of, that I'm aware of.

The case is said to be a dream to build upon, with a lot of room. But the cage for the 3.5" drives is very difficult to install with the mobo cables routed into the secondary "chamber". It's gotten to the point where several showcase and review videos don't even have that cage installed.

Some report flimsy hot swap trays.

Also, a lack of filters for the PSU intake, top of the case, and there are just holes on the bottom where the aforementioned trays are.

I know R&D is not a short, simple process, but I planned on building soon and I would have hated for a new and improved version to come out a few months after I finish my build. I understand Corsair is taking care of most of these issues through RMAs, but yeah...

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, well I mean I saw around the forums plenty of builds. I was just curious (and didn't read that part) and was wondering because of the holes in the bottom. But that answers my question and means I'll be picking up this case very soon

Archived