Corsair Community

Fan setup with commander pro

Demolisher

Hi there!

Verry new here and already I need your help :)

Im building a giant case, where I need to opperate 16 fans.

16 LL fans that is.

I'll need to opperate 4 stacks, of 4 fans. (4x 480 rads)

What is the best way to let this work?

For what I understand, is when i get a CORSAIR Commander PRO, I can connect 2 Lighting Node pro's to it.

And I need 1 Node for every 4 stack if I'm right.

That would mean that I needed 2 commander pro's?

And my motherboard only has 1 USB2.0....

So.... anny suggestions?

**Edit**

So... I'm a donkey

When i look at the diagrams (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880) I think I figuered it out.

1 Commander pro using its 2 LED channels to drive 2 RGB Fan LED HUBS (so, thats 2x 4 fans done)

Then, using its 1 RGB header, to drive 1 Lighting Node Pro, wich drives 2 RGB Fan Hubs, wich drive 4 fans each.

Correct?:o:

**Edit**

So... I'm a donkey

When i look at the diagrams (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880) I think I figuered it out.

1 Commander pro using its 2 LED channels to drive 2 RGB Fan LED HUBS (so, thats 2x 4 fans done)

Then, using its 1 RGB header, to drive 1 Lighting Node Pro, wich drives 2 RGB Fan Hubs, wich drive 4 fans each.

Correct?:o:

Almost. The Lighting Node Pro would be connected to the Commander Pro's USB header, not RGB header.

There are also splitters available for the Fan Hub connections ... so you can put 2x Fan Hubs on a single channel. The down side is that the channels are duplicates of each other so you lose some control.

Thanks!

Good to know that for furture endavors....

For now, 4 tripple packs LL120's, 4 single's and 1 commander Pro are on their way to my front door :)

This turned out to be quite a bit cheaper then 16 single's with 4 RGB hubs and 1 commander seperate

• 2 weeks later...

Archived