Corsair Community

Question for K70 Lux RGB owners regarding backlight

dtan

Hi all,

For all the K70 Lux RGB owners here, does your Winlock key colour(non default colour) persist if you close CUE or lock your computer?

Second K70 in a row to have this issue and I'm wondering if it's normal or what

UPDATE

Latest keyboard firmware seems to fix this

UPDATE UPDATE

iCUE replaced v3.08 with v2.05 causing the issue to return

Why?

What file is that in?

Kinda reads like a check for firmware for CUE maybe the older firmwares don't support that change but idk.

It would be nice to hear something official especially after Corsair support told me the K70 Lux RGB doesn't have onboard memory for backlighting.

• Corsair Employee
Sounds like there might be some confusion, but hopefully this can clear things up. The K70 LUX does have onboard memory, but not for saving profiles. When we state a product has onboard memory (hardware playback), it has the ability to store lighting and key rebinds. The K70 LUX, and any other product that does not state that it has onboard memory can only save static lighting. The static lighting will be overridden once CUE communicates with the device. Let me know if you still have any questions.

Sounds like there might be some confusion, but hopefully this can clear things up. The K70 LUX does have onboard memory, but not for saving profiles. When we state a product has onboard memory (hardware playback), it has the ability to store lighting and key rebinds. The K70 LUX, and any other product that does not state that it has onboard memory can only save static lighting. The static lighting will be overridden once CUE communicates with the device. Let me know if you still have any questions.

Hi Nick,

Does the Winlock key save under static lighting?

I've had two consecutive keyboards that won't save the proper colour and I'm waiting on the third now, it seems to be bugged if not something else and I'm not having much luck with support :[pouts:

Can the products that have onboard memory save active/reactive lighting profiles?

• Corsair Employee
Hi Nick,

Does the Winlock key save under static lighting?

I've had two consecutive keyboards that won't save the proper colour and I'm waiting on the third now, it seems to be bugged if not something else and I'm not having much luck with support :[pouts:

Can the products that have onboard memory save active/reactive lighting profiles?

As of right now, saving static lighting to the winlock key does not work, but will be fixed in a later software update. Replacing the keyboard won't correct this issue.

As of right now, saving static lighting to the winlock key does not work, but will be fixed in a later software update. Replacing the keyboard won't correct this issue.

Good to hear something official! Any ETA?

Thank you Nick and Toasted for this is what I wanted to know

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an ETA on the fix?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived