Corsair Community

Using case fan hub or lighting node pro

Murdrune

So I have a Phantkes Enthoo Evolv ATX case. The case has its own fan hub on it. I have 3 Corsair RGB ML140 fans and 1 lighting node pro and fan controller and 2 Phanteks 140 fans in the front of the case.

Not sure how to go about hooking everything up. The 2 fans in the front of the case that came with the case are connected to the Phanteks fan hub. The ML140 corsair fans are 4pin and the Phanteks fan hub are 3 pin.

I was thinking either:

A) Connect everything to the Corsair lighting node pro and fan hub

B) Leave phanteks fans connected to the case hub and corsair fans connected to the Corsair hub and lighting node pro.

C) Connect all fans to the MOBO fan headers and connect the lighting node pro to the RGB header on the mobo.(Not sure if the lighting node pro would connect to the RGB header believe it is a 4pin on the mobo)

Also if I go with option C will Aura Sync be able to control all the RGB and Fans or would I still have to use Corsair iCue/link.

Any input or information would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Let's start with option C.

If you connect the Corsair fans to the 12V Aura RGB headers, you will kill off all of your Corsair RGB fans. The Corsair RGB Fans use 5V, not 12V. Later Aura models do have a 5V addressable header but the Corsair connectors don't fit on it.

Option A) the Lighting Node Pro only controls lighting. So you cannot connect "everything" to the Lighting Node Pro. The Commander Pro would allow you to do this - it has an integrated fan controller - but not the Lighting Node Pro.

Option B) The Corsair fans still need to have fan control and power - that is, to actually spin the fans and not just light up. The fan hub sends the signal from the Lighting Node Pro to all of the fans and also provides them with power.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. It'll help.

Alright so I can leave the Phantkes fans plugged into the fan hub they have in the case and then plug the 3 Corsair ML140 fans I have onto the MOBO and the NoPro. Or should I just plug all the fans into the mobo while keeping the RGB fans connected to the NoPro.

So then would I be able to use Asus software to control the fan speeds and then the Corsair software to control the RGB of the fans?

Also the LED hub you connect to the NoPro do I need the USB 2.0 and Sata plugged in to power it or just one or the other?

Alright so I can leave the Phantkes fans plugged into the fan hub they have in the case and then plug the 3 Corsair ML140 fans I have onto the MOBO and the NoPro. Or should I just plug all the fans into the mobo while keeping the RGB fans connected to the NoPro.

Completely up to you. Just not that the RGB fans have TWO connectors. One for the RGB and one for fan speed.

So then would I be able to use Asus software to control the fan speeds and then the Corsair software to control the RGB of the fans?

Yes. I would recommend using the BIOS, however. ASUS AISuite is garbage, IMHO.

Also the LED hub you connect to the NoPro do I need the USB 2.0 and Sata plugged in to power it or just one or the other?

You need both. USB doesn't supply anywhere near enough power for the RGB lighting.

Archived