Corsair Community

Benchy McBenchface - The ultimate test bench build

WARNING - it seems that this forum does not automatically downscale the images. I suggest that you press ctrl+scroll to zoom out as I do not intend to reupload all the pictures:D

KHwtgnV.jpg

Hello guys and girls! Time for a new worklog, and this time with a bit of a strange "case". I was approached by the guys from OPENBENCHTABLE a while back, asking if I wanted to try out their new test bench, and from there things ended up as "how much stuff can I put onto this poor thing"

So without further ado, lets get started shall we!

6bepDvv.jpg

Specs:

• Mobo: ASUS ZENITH EXTREME X399

• GPU: 2 x ASUS ROG POSEIDON 1080ti

• CPU: AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 1950X

• RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64 GB 3200 MHZ

• SSD: 2 X CORSAIR MP500 480 GB M.2

• PSU: CORSAIR RM1000X

• CASE: OPENBENCHTABLE BC1

6BDMSSJ.jpg

The "case" comes with a nifty little carying sleeve as it was built to be transported around easily.

zGJH68r.jpg

Being a huge fan of proper design and manufacturing, the nature of this test bench just really appealed to me.

nRVfr8q.jpg

Milled from solid aluminium and anodized, this thing comes flatpacked and takes up very little space. The idea behind the bench was for it to be easy to carry around, and I will try and make this mod true to that philosophy by making it as transportable and small as I can.

8o0LVde.jpg

The legs of the bench is screwed onto the main piece and can easily be removed, and mounted on the actual test bench.

CJa6e7w.jpg

The legs also has the double function of working as a bracket for the PSU.

H8gHVnE.jpg

Fully assembled this "case" does not take up much more space than a mini itx case.

5jMdi8Z.jpg

The choice of board was the ZENITH EXTREME from ASUS. I knew I wanted to try a threadripper build, and this seemed like a really solid board.

i5ykMC5.jpg

I have populated the Dimm.2 doughter board with two m.2 ssd's from CORSAIR. The board is quite a bit bigger than the actual bench in the width, but I will modify the bench so this will not be a visual problem.

biycVJR.jpg

Rear "shield" with built in LED's

wnARfpU.jpg

Not too many fancy colors, which suits me well.

More soon!

Archived