The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Notices

Old 09-06-2017, 11:06 AM

POST ID # = 919141
Erinon Reputation: 10
Default AX860i Issue - has this been fixed

Hi,

I am currently Express RMA'ing a dud AX860i which has this rebooting issue and am being shipped a new replacement.

So far my experience with Corsair support has been positive. My only concern is has this issue of randomly cutting power and restarting been fixed in the AX860i?

I really don't want to go through the whole process again in 6 months..

Thanks

Old 09-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Banned
Corsair Blake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919160
Corsair Blake Reputation: 14

Most of our units don't have any issues like this. Most of them last for years and years, but very rarely does a problem like this occur. It could also be other factors like possibly a motherboard failure that is causing this or an overheating issue within the graphics card. I don't know what situation happened that led to your issue, but I'm just stating a few instances of what could have happened.

Typically, this isn't a widespread issue out of the many units that we ship, so once you get your replacement, you shouldn't encounter it again.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:23 PM

POST ID # = 925432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Blake View Post
Most of our units don't have any issues like this. Most of them last for years and years, but very rarely does a problem like this occur. ....Typically, this isn't a widespread issue out of the many units that we ship, so once you get your replacement, you shouldn't encounter it again.
Well installed replacement 860i after the trauma of the RMA process and was looking forward to the quality experience you expect from Corsair. Sadly a few weeks later its happening again. PSU was ok for about 3 weeks then it started rebooting once or twice after 15mins or so. Now it's constant - seriously every 10mins. put in my old Antec and system is fine.

How do I go about getting a refund? its obviously not fit for purpose/has a quality control issue and I really don't want to go through the RMA pain again only to receive a replacement dodgy 860i.

Amusingly I was in a chat with Corsair to report it and guess what - it restarted.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:07 AM

POST ID # = 926287

Well have now gone through the RMA/Express RMA process and am waiting for my third 860i. I wonder how long this one will last.

It really is a very poor show by Corsair not to acknowledge and fix this issue with this PSU.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:11 AM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 926508
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 177
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinon View Post
Well have now gone through the RMA/Express RMA process and am waiting for my third 860i. I wonder how long this one will last.

It really is a very poor show by Corsair not to acknowledge and fix this issue with this PSU.
For Corsair to fix this issue specifically for you, you would have to ask for a failure analysis when doing your RMA (also stating this is the second unit with the same problem) and provide a list of all of your components s their validation team can test it in house.

The problem could be unique to your build, including a specific motherboard/BIOS revision.

Did you have a chance to try the PSU in another PC to see if the problem followed the PSU?

Old 11-17-2017, 09:37 AM

POST ID # = 926663

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post

Did you have a chance to try the PSU in another PC to see if the problem followed the PSU?
Thanks for the reply Jonny.

I haven't put it into another PC although I have replaced it in my rig with an alternative PSU and the problem disappears.

I'm currently waiting for the third PSU to arrive next week.

Given the wide ranging discussion on this particular PSU 's problems why has nothing been officially announced?

My confidence level in this new PSU fixing the issue is not high and I'm not looking forward to the pain of going through another RMA process but most of all having my PC die on me just as I'm about to send an email to Corsair support....

If you are interested in the background there are several support tickets, the main ones being #617891 and #643929.

Last edited by Erinon; 11-17-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 926776
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 177
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

There are so many motherboards and so many build configurations.... An official "we found this PSU doesn't work on XXX motherboard with XXX BIOS list would be the best thing to do, but it would be difficult to maintain such a list.

That particular PSU still has an RMA rate of < 2%, so to do some sort of recall, etc. because of a few issues would be overkill.

Thanks for the ticket numbers, but I can't use those. I don't work for Corsair support. Best for you to log into your own ticket and put your own notes into it or contact Corsair support.

Tags
ax860i, restarting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: