H100i - Corsair link problem :(

skottyboy

Hello Corsair forums

i just installed my h100i and it looks like this in the corsair link

http://i.imgur.com/imvRwHK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YDJoVUV.jpg

this is me regedit settings

http://i.imgur.com/sCFIABe.png

What am i doing wrong ? There is light on my corsair logo and the fans are runnig - so the h100i seems to be working allrgiht?

Hi, I have the EXACT same issue. My corsair link looks the same as yours.

I was using my system fine with the stock fans for nearly a year, today i get two new fans (noctua) and now corsair link looks like this... Tried a software update, restart etc did nothing.

Any help on this would be great as i rely on link to maintain my CPU temps...

After updating the firmware and CorsairLink I have exactly the same problem. I've tried previous versions and the option isn't there to change the LED colour but the rest works.

After finally reverting back to an older version still, the LED option is there but after a restart the colour resets!

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but the latest version 2.7 must contain some kind of security threat because my Norton Security deleted the application immediately upon installation.

I solved my problem and I hope it could fix yours as well. What I did was change the fan hook-up on the pump to the other side I wasn't using and I plugged the USB plug to the other USB plug on the Motherboard that I wasn't using. This solved the issue, I now have everything showing up , fans, color led, pump, everything. I hope this helps out.

I have tried changing the USB plug the h100i was using that only made corsair link acknowledge it existed, no options for it came up (led, fans, pump etc) also, changing the fan cables used didn't do anything for me inititally, let me try again and see...

No luck for me so far...

i no it sounds silly but have you checked to see you pushed it in far enough, do you have the latest drivers, does it say its connected but not showing up like original post and what operating system do you have ???

I had the same problem this morning, however, after performing the registry changes, in the Corsair Link software, I found the following worked - go to:

Option -> Profiles -> Reset to Default

Close the Corsair Link software and exit from the taskbar

Reload the software and the pump and fans appeared

Hopefully, this works for anyone else having issues :D:

I had 3 x H100i's, the first one was never detected, even though I spent hours trying everything. The second one worked, for one night only, then vanished. After a few hours, Link detected it and asked to upgrade the firmware from 1.05 to 1.07 and it never worked again. The third one was the same, sometimes I take a while to learn things, like don't upgrade your firmware. All 3 went back to Amazon, who were great about refunds, and I bought an air cooler which is quieter and cooler.

I had the same problem this morning, however, after performing the registry changes, in the Corsair Link software, I found the following worked - go to:

Option -> Profiles -> Reset to Default

Close the Corsair Link software and exit from the taskbar

Reload the software and the pump and fans appeared

Hopefully, this works for anyone else having issues :D:

Someone give this guy a medal!!!!

Worked for me! thanks so much!

If it breaks again (wouldn't be surprised) I will come back here...

One issue is that my GPU fans are recognized but in the drop-down menu where you would normally select the mode (max, %, rpm etc) it only has 'default' as an option and no others, is there a fix for this?

After turning my computer on/off overnight corsair link has forgotten the fix and doesn't offer fan speed control anymore. Additionally the 'update' frpm 1.0.7 to... 1.0.7 (apparently) doesn't work as just before it finishes loading the program stops responding and windows insists it must be closed down...

Help... again -_-

A picture of something missing is not helpful without any detail. In fact, it is not needed if you state the detail. Did you correctly plug the pump's small wire into the MB's CPU fan header? Did you recheck it? Did you plug the fans into the top of the H100i? Did you plug them in individually or use a Y=-connector? Did you plug the pump's USB wire into a MB USB 2.0 header? Did you also use the link USB cable? In you Device tab Picture you show one H100i device. When the link is made you will have a second device called the "Corsair 100i" that shows how many fans are connected, LED channels, Pumps connected and detected temp sensors. Did you try unplugging the Commander, rebooting, plugging it back in, then rebooting again. Did you uninstall the software and the Corsair folder in the user's Roaming data folder, reboot and then re-install the software?

Yes, yes, yes, individually, yes, yes, No as the commander is contained within the H100i so cannot be unplugged from itself (silly), yes no change.

Realistically, corsair link isn't a fantastic program. It doesn't run particularly smoothly and is not great for compatibility. However it works most of the time. Unfortunately when it does break the fix is seemingly random (hence the fix being difficult to find...)

The pictures were to show people what the menu looked like so they could compare it to their personal corsair link and see if they have a similar problem. A picture is worth a thousand words.

The list you have produced of the most obvious and basic fixes is somewhat pointless. This information can be found EVERYWHERE and I am sure anyone with a similar issue looking for a fix has tried these steps lots of times. They post on here either because they are lazy or they have tried all fixes suggested.

I will say again, going into 'options' and resetting the profiles to default, then exiting corsair link and opening it again will make the fans appear for me. However this undoes itself each reboot (of PC) and the GPU fans don't have speed options for me (even though their speed changes based on temps, must be another program...)

I had 3 x H100i's, the first one was never detected, even though I spent hours trying everything. The second one worked, for one night only, then vanished. After a few hours, Link detected it and asked to upgrade the firmware from 1.05 to 1.07 and it never worked again. The third one was the same, sometimes I take a while to learn things, like don't upgrade your firmware. All 3 went back to Amazon, who were great about refunds, and I bought an air cooler which is quieter and cooler.

Aw man. I have the same problem.

I shouldn't have ever messed with Corsair Link... my H100i has been working flawlessly since the installation (for the last year). But recently I've noticed the LED color acting weird - by weird I mean occasionally being more yellow than white, white gradually turning into blue, etc. So figured I'd Google it to find a solution to this 'problem'. Originally, I had no idea you could even change the color but read about how it was possible to control it with Corsair Link. So I installed it, didn't see anything relating to my H100i in the listing (I'm on Windows 8.1 btw), read somewhere else to update the registry, did that and saw the H100i listed with the LED settings. For some reason, the only color that worked was blue. So figured, what the heck, I'll update the firmware... as I was updating, Corsair Link crashed. At the time, I was like 'Ok, no biggy. I'll just reboot and try again'... except I noticed when I rebooted the fans were consistently on full blast and the LED was shut off.

I would take everything back for a working LED and regulated fans. I've tried everything and can't seem to get it connected/recognized.

Kind of ridiculous tbh.

Aw man. I have the same problem.

I shouldn't have ever messed with Corsair Link... my H100i has been working flawlessly since the installation (for the last year). But recently I've noticed the LED color acting weird - by weird I mean occasionally being more yellow than white, white gradually turning into blue, etc. So figured I'd Google it to find a solution to this 'problem'. Originally, I had no idea you could even change the color but read about how it was possible to control it with Corsair Link. So I installed it, didn't see anything relating to my H100i in the listing (I'm on Windows 8.1 btw), read somewhere else to update the registry, did that and saw the H100i listed with the LED settings. For some reason, the only color that worked was blue. So figured, what the heck, I'll update the firmware... as I was updating, Corsair Link crashed. At the time, I was like 'Ok, no biggy. I'll just reboot and try again'... except I noticed when I rebooted the fans were consistently on full blast and the LED was shut off.

I would take everything back for a working LED and regulated fans. I've tried everything and can't seem to get it connected/recognized.

Kind of ridiculous tbh.

Do you still have the option to change fan speed? Or do the fans not show up? In the 'options>devices' menu does the H100i show up and what does it say when you click the drop down arrow by it?

Try going into the 'options' menu, find 'profiles' and click 'set to default' (or something like that), then shut down corsair link (make sure it isn't still running in background) then restart.

If that doesn't work try uninstalling, then re-installing corsair link (use windows program uninstall for this)

Do you still have the option to change fan speed? Or do the fans not show up? In the 'options>devices' menu does the H100i show up and what does it say when you click the drop down arrow by it?

Try going into the 'options' menu, find 'profiles' and click 'set to default' (or something like that), then shut down corsair link (make sure it isn't still running in background) then restart.

If that doesn't work try uninstalling, then re-installing corsair link (use windows program uninstall for this)

Nothing relating to my H100i shows up in Corsair Link anymore after the firmware update. Not even the fans.

I have tried quite a few versions of Corsair Link and have already done your suggestion of 'resetting to default' and fully shutting down the software each time.

And when I re-install a new version, before each re-install, I would delete the profile folder just in case.

This is what I see:

http://i62.tinypic.com/214axkz.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/rgwgmt.png

I know it seems obvious and I'm just checking because this is what my corsair link looked like, are you sure you closed corsair link. Make sure to stop the process in task manager and make sure it isn't in system tray after clicking reset to default for profiles. then click the desktop icon to open it. This fixed mine so I'm just checking you properly closed it down...

If that doesn't work. Change the USB header (Plug) that the H100i usb cable goes into and if that has no effect try swapping the fans between the H100i cables, sometimes using one cable for a fan wont work but another identical cable will (stock h100i fan cables)

Archived