Corsair Community

K70, lux or rapidfire

Fyndler

Hey there, it's time for me to get a new keyboard and i really like the look off the K70, i been looking on google for the past days and i really can't see any other keyboard that i like as much as the K70. Now to my issue, i'm not sure the difference about the K70,lux or rapidfire. I see that the rapidfire has another font and another spacebar which i don't really like, i like the K70´s layout better. But then somewhere i read that the rapidfire and lux had some upgrades from the K70. I'm a bit confused which one is hould buy, i don't have a budget limit. Can someone please help me out ? :)

K70 Lux has the same new font and textured spacebar like the Rapidfire... btw it's the font (keycaps) from the Corsair Strafe.

So if you don't like the new font with the upside down symbols (see here) then buy a K70. ;):

Lux and Rapidfire have a new light controler (16.9 mio colors without flickering) and a USB passthrough (and the new font).

Rapidfire has Cherry MX Speed switches with a faster actuation point than the MX red/brown/blue.

K70 Lux has the same new font and textured spacebar like the Rapidfire... btw it's the font (keycaps) from the Corsair Strafe.

So if you don't like the new font with the upside down symbols (see here) then buy a K70. ;):

Lux and Rapidfire have a new light controler (16.9 mio colors without flickering) and a USB passthrough (and the new font).

Rapidfire has Cherry MX Speed switches with a faster actuation point than the MX red/brown/blue.

Thanks for the answer dude. Well many people says the rapidfire is amazing, but the big font and spacebar is my only issue. It does look amazing, but from pictures the font looks really big. Using a qpad mk-85 atm and i really like the font. Ok so it's either K70 RGB or the K70 RGB Rapidfire. No idea what to choose here :/ But i do want that new light controller tho. Btw how come the rapidfire is cheaper then k70 RGB when the rapidfire has those updates? :/

Using a qpad mk-85 atm and i really like the font.
Then maybe keep these keycaps and using them on the K70?

Btw how come the rapidfire is cheaper then k70 RGB when the rapidfire has those updates? :/
I don't know. Some people reported that. Here in Germany they have both the same price. ;):

Then maybe keep these keycaps and using them on the K70?

Well that could work, would be nice if we could buy the K70 keys to use on the rapidfire :P

I don't know. Some people reported that. Here in Germany they have both the same price. ;):

Ah i see, well i was actually on corsairs homepage and it was there i saw the price :P Rapidfire and K70 is about same price here aswell. So which one would you have bought if you would buy either today? The K70 RGB or the K70 RGB Rapidfire?

K70 RGB comes with 3 different switches (red, brown, blue) while the Rapidfire comes with the new Speed switches. Speed switches are basically red ones with a faster actuation point, it depends on what you will use the keyboard for. If you're going to type a lot I would suggest avoiding it, personally I like the brown switches which are a sort of middle ground since I both work and game with the computer.

K70 RGB comes with 3 different switches (red, brown, blue) while the Rapidfire comes with the new Speed switches. Speed switches are basically red ones with a faster actuation point, it depends on what you will use the keyboard for. If you're going to type a lot I would suggest avoiding it, personally I like the brown switches which are a sort of middle ground since I both work and game with the computer.

Well it like those switches to. Currently have red on my qpad keyboard tho. I will be gaming and do some typing ofc on it. Yeah i like the look off the K70 RGB better, i like the font on it, but what i read so far the rapidfire has some updates stuff in it. And everybody i seen so far prais the rapidfire haha :P

So which one would you have bought if you would buy either today? The K70 RGB or the K70 RGB Rapidfire?
The Rapidfire because I just bought it a week ago (16.08.2016). :D:

The switches trigger really fast. You need some time to adapt to it. So my second recommendation would be the K70 RGB Lux with MX red switches. ;):

If you like red, you'll probably not like other switches (brown).

Regarding red/silver switches: I really love the shorter travel distance of the switch, but actuation is a little too short.

I actually find no difference in errors during typing, but if you keep the finger on the key during FPS, you can actually press a little too much.

I shoul try going back to red to decide between them.

• Corsair Employee
Rapidfire FTW! Regardless if you are looking for a gaming keyboard or something just for casual use, try out the Rapidfire. It did take me some time to get use to(I used red switches normally) but once you get the hang of it, you will be unstoppable! :D:

The Rapidfire because I just bought it a week ago (16.08.2016). :D:

The switches trigger really fast. You need some time to adapt to it. So my second recommendation would be the K70 RGB Lux with MX red switches. ;):

Haha okey i see, well guess i'm gonna buy it then :) Thanks for your replies

If you like red, you'll probably not like other switches (brown).

Regarding red/silver switches: I really love the shorter travel distance of the switch, but actuation is a little too short.

I actually find no difference in errors during typing, but if you keep the finger on the key during FPS, you can actually press a little too much.

I shoul try going back to red to decide between them.

Well when i bought my keyboard they only had red ones, i have tried browns aswell and like them to :P Oh it's that sensitive haha, well i guess i get one and check it out :) Thanks

Rapidfire FTW! Regardless if you are looking for a gaming keyboard or something just for casual use, try out the Rapidfire. It did take me some time to get use to(I used red switches normally) but once you get the hang of it, you will be unstoppable! :D:

Haha someone likes the rapidfire ;) I will be using the keyboard for gaming aswell as just use it all around. Problem is i have to oder it cause no store nearby has it on display to see and feel it, but i have looked at alot off youtube videos and alot off images off it and it looks and sounds amazing. But i'm gonna buy one and hopefully it will be as good as i think it is :) Thanks for the answer.

Archived