Corsair Community

H60 Pump Speed

alexthecamel

Hi All,

Recently installed a H60 on my new rig, all running great low temps etc.

As per advice from other users on here, I attached the pump to the CPU fan header, and disabled the fan speed control in the Bios for that header. The radiator fan I attached to an additional fan header that is under my MB's cooling policy so gets faster and slower as needed. All hunky dory.

MY only issue is that the pump speed reports it is going constantly at 4600+ rpm. The consensus on here seems to be it should be 4000 - 4400 max. Appreciate I'm not massively over the target speed, but assume this would reduce the lifespan of the product.

Should this worry me?

MY only issue is that the pump speed reports it is going constantly at 4600+ rpm. The consensus on here seems to be it should be 4000 - 4400 max. Appreciate I'm not massively over the target speed, but assume this would reduce the lifespan of the product.

That is still running within spec and wont have any effect on lifespan.

• Corsair Employee

Should this worry me?

As long that it stays within that range and does not run erratically, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived