Corsair Community

Never ending H60/H80 RMA trouble.

PatMan

RMA# 5175105 ADV RMA # 1282034

Hi Guys,

Well, after an endless struggle I figured it was time to share my troubles in an effort to finally get things sorted out. My H60 had the usual "Buzz & grind" issue so I contacted Corsair by the usual method and requested an advanced RMA as I need my PC for work. I received several emails stating one minute it was in stock, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't etc. In a bid to confirm weather it was or wasn't in stock, I decided to call Corsair in the US (from the UK - expensive!) and after being put on hold several times I was told it was not in stock until 26/10/12. Fair enough, I'd have to wait. Literally 1 hour later I received another email stating that it was in stock, and to contact them. Back dialing international numbers again (and put on hold again) only to be told it wasn't in stock, so I asked to speak to Sandra who sent me the email saying it was. After being put on hold again I was put through to Sarah who kindly agreed to upgrade my RMA'd H60 to an H80 as a goodwill gesture for all the confusion and expense caused. I was very happy with that, until I received it this morning that is. As soon as I unpacked it I saw obvious damage to the cooling fins of the radiator in multiple places - how on earth did this get past QC like this? I dare not put this in to replace my old unit in case it starts leaking from the damaged radiator, plus the fact that it should never have been sent in this condition in the first place. I took photos of the damaged radiator and emailed them to Sandra immediately, and am still waiting for an answer.

I have been given constantly wrong information & wrong addresses to send the unit back to, and nobody seems to know what stock you actually have, or where. To top it off, the stock you do have seems to be in worse condition than the faulty unit I want to send back!

Really Corsair, what on earth is happening to your stock and quality control? There seems to be a complete lack of communication between your call center in the US and the rest of the world. Surely it would make sense to have a call center in Europe to cater for the EU customers?

I am now stuck with two faulty Corsair CPU coolers, one paid for and the other to be deducted from my card soon unless somebody contacts me with a very big explanation. It's completely unacceptable and beyond a joke. So, awaiting a reply, email, phone call - anything. Just please, please try and get it right this time.......

Hi there,

Yes, I have skype - but was not aware or told that I can use it to contact them. The damage is not what I would call small either, difficult to see the full extent in the photos but here they are anyway - these are the ones I sent to Corsair Support. The worst is near both tube in/outlets at the bottom. It just looks like someone has slipped with their tools while fitting....

As for not hindering performance, that's irrelevant. I should not receive damaged goods that could potentially damage my whole PC if it leaks after getting hot/cold a few times, as a replacement for faulty goods.

DSC00310_1600x1200.thumb.jpg.5911781899f68c0f70fdeb5ec82e0e17.jpg

DSC00309_1600x1200.thumb.jpg.d83e7df541f447756ef918e6b82f7a69.jpg

Also, after reading a previous post by Wurm concerning his H80 grinding it seems I have been sent the same lot number as his, namely 12199402. So not only is my Replacement H80 damaged on arrival, but is most likely another grinder......

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

OK, so still no reply from RMA service. Again. But I have just had a reply from TSXpress telling me to do yet another RMA, but no other answers or explanations to any of the questions I asked, so I'll ask here instead if RamGuy or anyone can help?

1) Will I have to pay again for the return postage? If so, this will amount to more than what I paid for the original faulty cooler. That's daft. And unreasonable.

2) Will my previous advance RMA card deposit/payment be carried forward to the latest advance RMA request? If not, why not?

3) Will I definitely, absolutely be sent a unit from the "fixed" lot numbers that is undamaged?

4) Will I ever get a reply to my emails sent to Sandra at RMA service? Or from anybody at Corsair?

I live in hope, but I must admit - this has gone too far already.

1) 2nd RMA Corsair pays postage, use SKYPE and call them again so you can get a mailing label sent to you.

2) Tech support does not handle anything financial, this can oly be answered by CS

3) .

4) log into your RMA, thats usually where they communicate with you.

5) (.02) while unfortunate to not have a pristine set of fins, i do not see the bent fins as a problem, they can be straightened with a toothpick. liquid does not flow through the fins therefore inconsequential with only the exception of aesthetics.

that being said if you continue with the RMA just give them another call tomorrow after 8:00 PDT.

good luck:):

Thanks for the reply,

I can't find a skype address/number to call - or am I being dim? Would you be so kind & post it for me please? I'm an engineer by trade, and these fins are more than bent - like I said before, the pictures don't show the extent of the damage. A few of them are actually torn away from the cooling reservoirs, and that causes leaks, trust me. Cooling and reliability are far more important to me than aesthetics, and this kind of damage should never be sent out to a paying customer, especially as a replacement for a faulty one.

Having only one call center half way round the world on an 8 hour time difference is very expensive and very awkward - a European solution is definitely needed for a global company like Corsair....

Trying to get any info is like getting blood from a stone, but I'll have to soldier on I suppose. What a laugh.

OK, just had a conversation over Skype with Corsair regarding my faulty H60/H80 coolers and they are now sending out a third H80 and have assured me that it will be the very latest batch and not the same as my other two - thus hopefully eliminating once and for all the "buzz & grind" syndrome - hopefully. Once I get it installed I will report in with the lot number for your reference.

It's been a long hard battle getting a simple RMA request done so far, it shouldn't be like this. However, if this latest H80 proves to be what I've been promised, then all will be forgiven with Corsair support and I will be happy to deal with them again. Time will tell, wish me luck.:bigeyes:

Today I got my third RMA from UPS, who took the first two back with him. I talked to Corsair a few days ago and explicitly asked them to send one of the fixed units from the newer batch/lot number, which they said they would do. I also told Corsair that it's pointless sending out older faulty units as they will only come back and upset customers. Guess what - I got the same old lot number and the same old buzzing/grinding with it. Words fail me. Tomorrow I will call them again, the forth time, to arrange my final RMA. Last shot, if they fob me off with another dud I'll never touch Corsair again, ever. I said on my original post that there is a complete lack of communication at Corsair and this proves it. What a sham outfit.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry about that it seems that maybe some of the older not fixed inventory was over looked what was the Lot code you received and what was your case number and I will get this taken care of on Monday for you?

RAM GUY,

Lot #12199402 - same as the last one.

I don't have a case number as I wasn't given one over the phone and Corsair never replied to my emails requesting one, or an RMA label, in fact Corsair support have not replied to most of my emails, resulting in one UPS driver not being able to pick up the first unit when he dropped off the second. When UPS came to deliver the third unit I put both the first two units in the same box.

These are my first two RMA numbers: RMA# 5175105, ADV RMA # 1282034

Ram Guy, it's just ridiculous, really. I will now have to strip down my brand new build for the fourth time - that's more times than a 10 year old computer gets stripped down!! I'm really fed up with Corsair now - and it's not just me that it's happening to as you know. What is going on with Corsair? What are they playing at?

I look forward to hearing from you Ram Guy.

• Corsair Employee

PatMan,

I am sorry that you had a problem I have contacted our customer service and they will be contacting you to arrange another RMA at our expense and you will get a NEW FIXED Unit this time or I will shoot someone.

Please give it a few hours and if you dont hear from them please call them by phone and I am sure they will take care of you.

Thanks Ram Guy. I have had an email from them confirming the new RMA and case number. I will keep you posted.

If they don't get it right this time, you can borrow my gun.........:laughing:

you got alot of patience with things concerning your parts dude ,much more than i have

soo if it comes down to it,ill offer my patented SMUD bullets for the pistoli.

thats [slow Motion Ultra Discomfort ] :D:;):

• Corsair Employee
Thanks Ram Guy. I have had an email from them confirming the new RMA and case number. I will keep you posted.

Keep me posted. I am pretty sure everything will be fine..

you got alot of patience with things concerning your parts dude ,much more than i have

soo if it comes down to it,ill offer my patented SMUD bullets for the pistoli.

thats [slow Motion Ultra Discomfort ]

Sounds painful!

I am now the owner of a SILENT H80. All I can hear is the gentle swish of air as it passes through the radiator - I'm speechless. When I first turned it on I thought that there was something wrong, as I couldn't hear anything! I then realised that this is how they are supposed to be......bliss.

What a battle. Why on earth Corsair didn't do this the first time round is beyond me. Not only once, but 4 times. It would have saved everyone so much time, trouble, stress and money, not to mention Corsairs reputation.

And now, for the winning Lot number, it's: 12439402

I say again, 12439402.

I can't stress enough how important it is you all get hold of nothing older than this Lot number - it's all good.

Thanks RamGuy and everyone else who has put up with my rants, but it was needed. Put your gun away for another day.

I will now go and sit with my ear next to my PC case and listen to the silence.

Peace & Love is restored. :laughing:

Archived