Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB - Actions/Mapping Issues/Basic Keys Stop Working

Loric4484

Help me to love this mouse.

Using Dark Core RGB - seen various issues on this posted before, but my problems seem to go even further. I'm experiencing the known issue of my remapped Actions stopping working during the middle of gameplay/use.

Here's where mine gets even stranger - not only do the remapped buttons stop working, even the basic ones that have built in Windows associations with them stop working, such as Mouse 3, Mouse 4, Mouse 5 (scroll wheel click, Back, and Forward respectively). I don't even HAVE remapped action profiles for these keys, and they cease to function along with the remapped ones. This leaves me with only 2 functional buttons on the entire mouse, Left and Right click.

For troubleshooting, I've reboot iCUE, making sure to even launch it as an Admin and function does not come back. I've tried forcing a firmware update, clearing onboard memory, deleting and remapping the buttons again, and still nothing. This happens on both USB and wireless connection, though I use USB most of the time (wireless still seems to have the jumpy cursor bug going on). It's not permanent; after trying the above in random orders, coupled with a few reboots I can usually get it working again. Just hate that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it breaking down like this.

Also, all software/firmware seems to be up to date.

Basic info on the box, nothing fancy:

Processor: i3 4170

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

RAM: 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB)

GPU: Radeon RX 460

I DO get the occasional Lighting Profile issue with the mouse as well, but it's far from as unsolvable as the problems mentioned above. I've read in some cases all of these Action issues could possible be being triggered by the Scroll Wheel click? Anyone have any advice or suggestions for dealing with this ongoing problem?

I haven't experienced anything like this before. I have the Dark Core SE RGB.

what you could do is delete all the profiles associated with the mouse. T

hat includes all hardware and software profiles. Then, create a new software profile only and try to see if your single profile works.

Alternatively, could you delete the device from your PC and essentially plug it in and let windows set-up the device again, then add a software profile.

1) There are several drivers that operate this mouse. One for the mouse motion, and another for the side buttons, etc. (I found this out by deleting some extra HID drivers, and discovered this) Fast Boot may cause some of them to not function.

2) Make sure the profile you wish to use, whether soft or hard, is listed 1st in the iCUE application. This will cause it to be the default one used.

• Corsair Employee

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

See if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

Archived