Corsair Community

500R case side fan problem

lastsd

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, I hope either mod or other poster can help me with my problem.

I built a new computer less than month ago (my spec shown in my profile).

I like Corsair products for their quality and customer support, which is why I used 3 Corsair products:

Case: 500R black

PSU: 750HX (80 silver)

RAM: vengeance low profile 8G (2x4G)

Everything was running fine until yesterday, when I noticed my 200 mm fan was not moving (but LED light is still on).

My front panel fan-controller was set on mid-speed.

So I opened the side window and gave the fan a little push than it started going again for few minutes before it stopped.

I checked all the wiring and everything seems to be connected correctly. All my front panel works (so it's not the molex connection). My 2 front fans work just fine and changes speed when I use the fan controller.

When I set the fan speed to high, the side fan will run for longer time before it stops. This is the same if case is closed or open and panel standing.(which suggests side fan touching something like wire when closed is not the issue)

I can't really test the 200mm fan alone since I can't connect it to the motherboard due to it's different connector than usual 3 pin fan. I would think it's the fan motor cable/chip that is busted since the LED light is on even when the fan stops.

I know I can just replace the fans(which many people do anyway) but I really like the case and the default 200mm side fan (the fact that it is white led and connected to the front fan controller).

Could anyone suggest a way to fix the problem?

Is there another way I can test the side fan alone?

Can I just RMA the side fan not the whole case? (If I had to RMA the whole case might as well just buy new fans)

Thanks in advance.

Use the link on the left side to request an RMA for the case ,but in the comments section let them know you need JUST the 200mm side fan.

They should send you one within a few days.

Now,Corsair will be closed over the weekend , so it may be a day or so into next week before it gets processed.

Cheers!

Use the link on the left side to request an RMA for the case ,but in the comments section let them know you need JUST the 200mm side fan.

They should send you pretty quick!

Thanks for the suggestion

Can anyone else(hopefully mod/RAM guy) confirm that I can do this (RMA only the side fan?)?

A Bitfenix 230mm White LED Fan would be so much better and fits perfectly. You wouldn't be able to connect it to the fan controller but why would you want to lower the rpm of the stock fan anyway when it's so ineffective even at full speed? The Bitfenx has lowered the temps of my graphics card by a substantial amount and is quieter than the stock one too. And it looks prettier!

Archived