The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Bohemico's PC Specs

POST ID # = 896915
Bohemico Reputation: 10
Angry [M65]Trouble rebinding keys

Hi all,

I bought like 2 weeks ago a M65 gaming mouse and never could rebind its keys. While I did use to have the "Macro execution error", today I found a fix to that (The Windows security stuff) and I don't have the error anymore, though nothing changed.
All I'm trying to do is rebind the "Forward button" to middle mouse button and "Backward button" to a toggling autoclick macro, and it doesn't work at all, and it also disables the previous backward/forward function that buttons had.

Last edited by Bohemico; 03-26-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:28 AM

POST ID # = 896995
joinscome Reputation: 10

Well, same problem here. Unable to remap my M65 mouse. And that worked before. I really wonder what happened ...
(CUE version 1.16.42)

Old 03-29-2017, 06:19 AM

POST ID # = 897340
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Do you have multiple profiles that are linked to applications or is the current profile the default one? (First profile in the list)
Have you tried assigning the buttons to other functions? e.g. remap to a keystroke, macro? Do they work?

Reinstall CUE and see whether that also helps.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM

POST ID # = 897360

Thank you for your answer.

I have multiple profiles linked to applications.

I have no issue for other functions. The only thing that does not work anymore is my mouse button remap.

But, but, but...

I uninstall the CUE 1 to try the CUE 2 and decided to run back to the first one.
And CUE 1 was impossible to reinstall (error 1722 :There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.)

Then, I just dropped a back-up of my previous CUE installation in the program folder, and everything works fine exept my buttons remap .

I suppose that a complete new installation of CUE 1 will fix my problem, but I have always that damned error 1722.

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT : I use Windows 10

Last edited by joinscome; 03-29-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 PM

POST ID # = 897391

OK.

I finally managed to uninstall completely CUE 1, and reinstall it correctly.

Now, everything works properly.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Bohemico's PC Specs

POST ID # = 899170

Quote:
Do you have multiple profiles that are linked to applications or is the current profile the default one? (First profile in the list)
Have you tried assigning the buttons to other functions? e.g. remap to a keystroke, macro? Do they work?

Reinstall CUE and see whether that also helps.
I did all of this and nothing happened. I don't have any profiles linked to applications.
My wanted setup is as basic as it gets, some lighting effects here and there, changed DPIs and the most complicated thing I'm trying is to remap ANY mouse key to ANYTHING. All it does is disable the key I'm trying to remap. Should there be a confirmation button or something to apply changes?

Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 AM
Bohemico's PC Specs

POST ID # = 899171

I just tried assigning a "Start Setting" in my macro button, I put a song there. The song plays perfectly after I start, and stops after I toggle the macro, but the macro won't start.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:00 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 899172
Corsair James Reputation: 71

All, please contact our tech support and we can walk you step by step to see what the potential issue may be.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 08-23-2018, 04:19 PM
IronandSteel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969917
IronandSteel Reputation: 10
Default how disable forward and backward buttons on M65 Pro

just bought the M65 Pro yesterday and want to disable the forward and backward buttons because I press them accidently but it seems that if I select disable option in the menu, after selecting a button (example- forward button) the Cue software then shows all of the buttons are in the disabled mode. It the software doing something wrong or am I misunderstanding what the Cue software is showing me? I'm assuming I'm using Cue 2

Old 08-26-2018, 09:36 PM
Latharion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970352
Latharion Latharion Reputation: 120

It is showing you one action that is currently assigned to whichever button you have selected. You can select the trash can icon to remove the action from the list if you want, and then follow the directions below, or just select the button you want to disable, and then follow the directions below if you want to change more buttons. You can enable and disable the action by simply selecting the button again, and it's icon in the action list (on the left) will disappear if you had already assigned it, or appear if it was not (it is a toggle).

To change a key (like say the "forward" button), do this...

1. Click the "+" to create a new action.
2. Select the action you want to assign to a desiired button (in this case select "disable" from the list)
3. Select the button you want to assign the new action to.

You must do this for each button you want to change. If, for example, you wanted to disable the "Forward" and "Back" mouse buttons, you would need to create a new action as mentioned above for EACH button, ending up with two "disable" actions, each assigned to a different mouse button.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:09 PM
IronandSteel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971956
IronandSteel Reputation: 10
Default disabling buttons

I think maybe I was doing it backwards, selecting the button and then the action. Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:35 PM
drcmclow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972459
drcmclow Reputation: 10

i tried everything cant get it to work... it worked befor thought so im sure im using icue the right way...