Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 not recognizing chassis and h100iv2 fans. Also pump speeds?

kjstuart3

Hello

I have two questions here. My first (and hopefully easier) question is what is the expected pump RPM for the H100i v2? Mine operates in quiet mode at about 1900 RPM and performance mode at about 2800 RPM. This is with the USB cable connected to a USB type A port, not a USB header. When connected to a USB header, I was getting pump speeds of 1200 RPM in quiet mode and 1900 in performance mode. I switched the USB connection because I have another device that needs a USB header, but that device also has an internal USB port conveniently located near the CPU cooler.

Now for what I am guessing is the more difficult question.

I am using the latest release of Corsair Link 4. I've tried just about everything to get Corsair Link to recognize my fans. With the exception of the USB cable as indicated above, I set up the H100i v2 exactly as described in the manual. I've also double checked all connections to ensure they are properly seated. I have the two fans included with the H100i v2 connected to the fan headers on the pump. I have the pump connected to the CPU_Fan header on my mobo (ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S). I have 2 chassis fans connected to chassis fan headers on my mobo. The chassis fans are 3-pin fans connected to 4-pin fan headers.

Corsair link detects and shows my CPU temps, GPU temp and fan speed, pump temp, and pump RPM. It also detects 1 pump fan. At first it shows 0 rpm for the pump fan until I disabled Qfan control for the CPU_Fan in BIOS. Now I see pump fan RPMs for a single fan.

How can I get Link to recognize and report RPMs for both fans connected to the pump plus the two fans connected to the chassis?

I have tried setting Qfan controls for the chassis fans to Disable, DC Mode, and PWM modes. The fans run at 100% when Disabled or in PWM mode and Link still doesn't recognize them, so I have now left them in the default DC Mode and set fan curves via the BIOS.

Thank you for your time!

Corsair Link Software version 4.2.4.25 released 7/20/2016. As I said, latest version. :winking:

If I has a dime for every "latest version" that was not I would be a wealthy man ;):

All Asetek coolers such as the H100iV2 only have one fan controller and report the same fan speed to both the CPU_FAN header and via USB. If you look at the Y cable you should see pin-3 is missing from one of the connecters. To get the other fan speed you would need this to be connected to a motherboard fan header.

I suspect the missing chassis fans are connected via the EC controller and CL4 does not report EC fans, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421.

Well I'm sorry that I robbed you of that dime!

Good to know that nothing is wrong with the fans on the pump. I suspected both were operating at the same speed but thought it strange only one was reported. I don't know what the EC controller is and I don't understand what I'm supposed to see on the linked post.

I'm also still curious to know what the expected pump RPMs are for the H100i v2.

Thanks!

I don't know what the EC controller is and I don't understand what I'm supposed to see on the linked post.

I'm also still curious to know what the expected pump RPMs are for the H100i v2.

Try asking Google and after the post Corsair confirm CL has no EC support and they may fix it.

The pump speed 1200 RPM is far too low and the USB connection should not affect this at all. My best guess is that you did not have fan control disabled for the CPU_FAN header, but all in all I am not sure in what order you changed things. You need to change one thing at a time, be clear what you have changed and ask one question.

I disabled Qfan control while the h100iv2 was still connected to the usb header and was still seeing the 1200/1900 rpm i quoted earlier. With Qfan control disabled and the pump now connected to USB type A, I get 1900/2800 rpm.

Thanks for your time, red-ray!

Archived