Corsair Community

Asrock B450m Pro4 compatibility with CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

chengcw1225

Hi all,

I have bought Asrock B450m Pro4 mother board with AMD 2700x and Corsiar VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 which is

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Ver.5.32

However, when assemble them, my computer doesn't work and cannot go in to Bios and monitor keep black screen. What i have see is all fans run around 15s and then off and on again, like keep rebooting by itself.

I searched Asrock B450m Pro4 ram compatibility list. and my ram not in the list.

Could please anyone tell me that is my mother board not support this ram??

and What should i do ...?

My list.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x

MB: Asrock B450m Pro4

Rams: Corsiar VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Ver.5.32

SSD: Samsung EVO 970+ 500GB

Power: 600w silverstone

Sounds like the motherboard is trying to train the memory. Even if it is not on the QVL list for your motherboard there is a chance it can still work.

With that board my first post attempt took a little while to train and post but after that it was ok.

First uninstall the EVO.

Then try starting with only 1 stick in slot A2 and try to get to post.

Then try with the other stick only in slot A2 and try to get to post.

Did any one or both of those attempts post successfully?

If so up the BIOS/UEFI to the latest 2.0 with AGESA to 1.0.0.6 update using the working stick.

Reboot when complete and reset BIOS/UEFI to defaults, reboot again.

Fill both A2 and B2 for dual channel and try to post again.

If successfully posting in dual channel then enter BIOS/UEFI and set all memory settings to AUTO and reboot.

It will likely set you to DDR4-2133.

Then enter BIOS/UEFI again and bump up frequency 1 step then reboot, do this until you reach DDR4-3000 or it fails to post.

(it's possible you may only get to DDR4-2933 until post fails again)

Edited by A Computer Guy

• 4 months later...

I came across this when looking for compatible RAM for the Asrock B450 pro4. And I wanted to be a member and answer.

Your system requires a GPU. This processor of RYZEN(2700X) does not include an internal GPU.

I came across this when looking for compatible RAM for the Asrock B450 pro4. And I wanted to be a member and answer.

Your system requires a GPU. This processor of RYZEN(2700X) does not include an internal GPU.

This is true.

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...

Your a life saver. The ryzen 5 3600 also has no GPU and neither does the asrock b450m pro f. I tried a spare graphics card and it still wouldn't show video but after reading this I tried one more time and finally got it to boot. Was stUck om this issue for twp hours.

I also had 5 beeps when booting using speaker.