Corsair Community

Corsair C70 Vengeance front fan Airflow Problem

Alex0505

Hi Peeps

Recently got a C70 Vengeance and with an AMD CPU. Now I know the AMD's are notoriously hot but I seem to have sorted the cooling out slightly with the introduction of a couple AF120 fans in the front of the case. I removed the top HDD cage and viola, direct airflow into the components. However, when I remove the side panel and crank up the fan via the fan controller, I notice very little difference in air flow.

Furthermore, when I removed the front panel the fan was blowing significantly faster and it lead me to the conclusion that the AF was being restricted either by the fan filter or the front panel itself!

Has anyone else run into these kinds of problems? Should I be using an SP fan there instead? If so, will I get the same amount of airflow?

Corsair themselves outline the SP series case fans as follows:

"Designed for restricted spaces,

Air Series SP fan models are designed for use in restricted spaces. They’re ideal for radiator and heatsink use, as well as drive bay intakes and other locations where you’re mounting a fan directly adjacent to a heat source."

I have two LED SP fans mounted at the front of my C70 and the intake is quite good.

Also as stated above, if it's CPU temps you're worried about I'd sort out a good CPU cooler before worrying too much about case cooling.

Archived