Corsair Community

H100i stopped automatically increasing fan speed when a game starts.

brgamer

I have an H100i as my CPU cooler and when I first got it, it worked normally. Whenever I'd start a game, the fan speed would automatically increase to compensate for the extra activity and heat. One day, while playing Watch Dogs, the game BSODd and the computer reset. Keep in mind this happened in February. When I went to reboot the computer, instead of going to the BIOS 'title screen' it instead went to a screen with AMI's name on it and didn't make the usual single beep it makes when booting happens normally. Eventually it rebooted and everything seemed fine. Until I started a game. The fans would no longer automatically speed up when a game started. I tried downloading Corsair Link and setting it to speed up that way via my CPU's activity, but still nothing. The LED light was also flashing instead of staying a constant white like it normally does. It's now a constant green light. Whenever I go to play a game now I manually put the fan speed at 2000RPM, otherwise it doesn't leave 800RPM. Does anyone know what caused this and if there is a fix? Thanks in advance for your help.

make sure the fan speeds are on default in corsair link. Perhaps you had it on performance mode in the past? My fans dont automatically start spinning hard when starting a game since most games dont even begin to use all of my i7-4960x cpu.

The fan speeding up isnt as important as what temperature your cpu is operating at and the temp of the h100i radiator itself. The fans will only ramp up noticeably loud if the temps require it. The BSOD is odd though. Perhaps there is an issue with the fan controller on it, but check the corsair link settings for teh fans. Once they're set the h100i will remember the settings on board.

they are on default. Now if I set them to default they default to 1800RPM. What would be the point where it would start to speed up? What I want to know is why it stopped increasing and decreasing automatically. I have an i7 3930k, if that helps.

instead of going to the BIOS 'title screen' it instead went to a screen with AMI's name on it

sound like your bios was reset to factory default for some reason.

maybe there is a setting in the bios that altered your USB ports and thats why you are not getting the auto adjustments.

i would scope it out when you get a chance and you can disable the splash screen on startup.

Archived