Corsair Community

Corsair Link 2.7.5361/FW 1.0.7 bricked my H100i

palqo

Hello. I was trying to find some solutions to this problem, but didn't find anything. I've installed new Corsair Link 2.7.5361 recently as an update to existing 2.6.5214. Everything was working fine even after I've got a notification to update to new cooler firmware 1.0.7. Only several reboots later the logo went suddenly red, CPU fan error popped up, fans went full speed and H100i disappeared from the Link SW. Also the AX1200i is not detected now, the temp sensors are not reporting and several reading are alternating between 0 and real readings, blinking red (some previously working MB sensors only showing 0 constantly). I've played with UEFI USB settings and swapped connectors since, but no change (going back to lower version restores PSU and some senor readings, but not all).

I've found several claims about the 1.0.7 FW like don't upgrade if everything is working and upgrade in case you want to use with corsair link system, which is what I do need, since I have both the cooling and lighting nodes installed. If I connect the H100i to Link Commander, the LED doesn't even come on and the fans don't spin at all. The pump is still working though, since the CPU temp stays below 40.

Is there a way to restore/reflash the H100i firmware? I've bought the cooler 2nd hand (and was working for a year flawlessly) so I don't even have proof of purchase to open an RMA.

Thanks. I was already thinking of doing this, but didn't get to try it yet. I'll give it a try when I get home.

Then a question remains however, how to update the FW to 1.0.7. From what I found, it brings support for the Link Commander HW, which I'd like very much. Will an update to 1.0.7 with Link 2.4 work, or does any user FW update fail and I need to get a unit with 1.0.7 preinstalled?

OK, so no luck here either. I have installed version 2.4.5110 and tried to install FW 1.0.7 again, but when I click Start, it says "H80i/H100i Not connected", although the status was "Ready" before start. The link for FW 1.0.5 does not work any more, so I could not try that.

I don't have it either. 2.6 has also FW 1.0.7, 2.5 disappeared from the face of Earth (all links I found pointing to Corsair mirror which says file removed) and 2.4 doesn't have the folder with firmware yet. In the thread with recovery, people also complained link not working, someone attached it again, but only for H80i, no link for H100i. But I don't expect a different result than with 1.0.7, as I said, Link says "H80i/H100i Not connected" when I try to install the firmware again. Stuck with a broken cooler, thanks a lot Corsair... :sigh!:

This happened to me 3 times. First time I didn't know what caused it so I got a replacement from Amazon. Second time, I thought I knew what caused it so I got another replacement from Amazon. After it bricked the 3rd one I got a refund off Amazon. H100i good. Software/Firmware sucks. Amazon brilliant.

Well, I bought it 2nd hand, so nowhere to return it to :[pouts: The only option left is connect fans to motherboard and ignore CPU fan fail on boot, since the pump is working, but not communicating with the world.

Edit: Great, from all the reinstalls, nothing is working anymore. PSU, cooling and lighting node do not report to the software anymore. Awesome job again, Corsair...

Try moving the USB cable to a different header, possibly even an external one. If that doesn't help, connect the signal cable from the pump to the CPU fan header and the fans to a mobo header. See if all is ok in the bios and then add a temp monitor app to Windows. If it all works OK then you can still use it. You can add a fan controller app, such as Speedfan. It's better than just junking it.

That's exactly what I've done. I have the pump in Fan3 and 2 SP120 in CPU and CPU_OPT connectors. I have Asus AI Suite looking after the temp now. That however still doesn't solve my problem that nothing shows in Link except MB temp, CPU stats and VGA temp/fan. All that is left to try is external USB, but I'm quite sceptical. What is the difference between internal/external USB ports?

Hallo ! Ich brauche bitte Hilfe. Meine Lüfter der H100i laifen die ganze Zeit auf Hochtouren und in der Corsair Link Software taucht die H100i nicht mehr auf !! Das heißt ich kann auch die Lüfter nicht mehr steuern!!! Kann ich die H100i resetten oder was kann ich machen???

That's exactly what I've done. I have the pump in Fan3 and 2 SP120 in CPU and CPU_OPT connectors. I have Asus AI Suite looking after the temp now. That however still doesn't solve my problem that nothing shows in Link except MB temp, CPU stats and VGA temp/fan. All that is left to try is external USB, but I'm quite sceptical. What is the difference between internal/external USB ports?

The pump should be connected to the CPU_Fan header otherwise the Bios doesn't detect a fan. You could connect another fan to it but that wouldn't help if your pump packed up.

What I was suggesting is a way that you could continue to use it even if you can't get it to work with Link, as you don't have the option to RMA it. Beats throwing it away.

I know the pump should be connected CPU fan header. That's where it was until the genius update from corsair bricked it. It doesn't report RPMs anymore, so the only effect it produces in the CPU fan header is "CPU fan failed", therefore it's in Fan3 header and the radiator fans are in CPU and CPU_Opt headers. So I'm still using it to cool the CPU. No response when trying to flash the FW again, so I've given up on ever using it with link again. What I'm worried about is the link commander and all other devices that stopped working with link. I'll try external USB tomorrow when I get to the PC, otherwise RMA and I'll put in the H100i just for sake of finding out if there is good will from Corsair side. After all, it was their software that destroyed it, warranty or not.

OK, external USB worked for the link commander, cooling/lighting nodes and PSU, got them back in Link. Although I am not very happy with the solution, as I had the cabling all sorted out, and now it is a mess, at least it is working. The H100i still not recognized in external USB either :grrr:

Archived