Corsair Community

Corsair H110 in 650D

virus86

I just got my H110 and it sorta doesnt fit in my 650D. I have an Intel i7 3930k with an ASUS X79 Sabertooth. I upgrade from a H100. I wasnt able to do a full internal P/P with the H100 and I know I wont be able to with the H110.

The H110 is only able to fit with the tubes coming from the right side of the radiator. The rear fan is in the way for a left side mount. I have the fans in a push configuration with the exhaust going out of the case. I will not do an intake configuration.

The problem I am having is that there is a part of the plastic from the 650D top HDD dock that hits one of the H110 reservoirs. One thing I was disappointed from the included H110 hardware was the lack of the short mounting screws. I had to use the ones that came with my H100. I was able to mount 6 out of the 8 holes on the top of the radiator to my case. I think that is sufficient enough.

I have not done any temp tests. Im currently running at 4.8Ghz (stays below 85C on the H100 during IBT) and hope to push to 5.0GHz. I also would like to do a P/P config, but I will have to mount the pull fans on the outside of my case.

I have pictures, but what is a good place to upload and link to this thread? Thanks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same issue as yourself. My H110 arrived today and I spent quite awhile trying to figure out what I was doing wrong but it turns out this cooler simply does not fit the 650D in a push configuration. I thought about using the solution you ended up with but I find it to be pretty unacceptable, especially since the cooler was "designed" to work in this case and the 800D.

The screw holes do not line up and you almost have to wedge the radiator into the tight space at the top of the case. The impediment seems to be the back of the external SATA3 dock. If you configure the cooler in an intake configuration (fans on top) as their installation guide recommends, everything fits okay. It's a shame you can't configure it in a push configuration without modding the attachments with posts or settling with a 6 screw angled install.

Guys, you all have to remember that the 650D was out years before the H110 was. So you cant really blame either of them.

It doesn't matter when each product came out. When their global product manager says they took time to make sure the mounting holes fit their older cases, then the product doesn't fit at launch, they have a problem.

The reason they took a while to design was because we wanted to standardize the 280 to be compatible with our cases. So the H110 has the same mounting holes as the 400R, 500R, C70, 550D, 650D, and 900D. Whether they'll fit in the 400R or 550D will depend on your motherboard, but they should fit with most boards, provided the 8pin CPU cable and VRM heatsink doesn't interfere.

The above quote was from the Overlock forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutz94 View Post

Guys, you all have to remember that the 650D was out years before the H110 was. So you cant really blame either of them.

It doesn't matter when each product came out. When their global product manager says they took time to make sure the mounting holes fit their older cases, then the product doesn't fit at launch, they have a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge

The reason they took a while to design was because we wanted to standardize the 280 to be compatible with our cases. So the H110 has the same mounting holes as the 400R, 500R, C70, 550D, 650D, and 900D. Whether they'll fit in the 400R or 550D will depend on your motherboard, but they should fit with most boards, provided the 8pin CPU cable and VRM heatsink doesn't interfere.

The above quote was from the Overlock forums.

Sorry Joola! I was unaware of that and thought you were getting confused with the h100s...

This is the perfect argument for biggest rant here....Why is that Corsair George posts information like this on OCN and NOT on his own site? This is important and should have been posted here too! There is nothing in the product description other than it should fit if you have a 280 hole config in the top of your cases

Hydro Series H110 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler provides quiet, efficient, extreme-performance CPU cooling for cases which support a 280mm radiator.

and there is nothing in the product description that says anything about fitting in their cases.

http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-seriestm-h110-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

And why do we have to go to OCN to get information on the 900D ? And other Corsair products but there is literally nothing here except for a link to the thread in OCN!

I just finished stress testing my 3930k on the H110. LinX, 20 runs, 4.8GHz, hottest core 74C (Realtemp and room temp of 24C), VCore peak 1.368V.

I can probably get a lower offset voltage since Im still on my stable settings back from BIOS 1203 and I have 3305 installed right now. Time to test out 5GHz!

I love my Corsair products and Im sure they will help us on this fitting issue, but support is closed on the weekends. Some possible solutions is to switch to a Pull config or have a spacer for a Push config. I will need a replacement fan. My H100 had the grinding issue and I solved it with the diode mod. I did not want to do anytime of RMA process that would put any downtime on my desktop.

Glad almost everything is running smoothly for you. I really hope they come up with something. I would prefer to run this in push instead of pull as I am now, but I can live with it in the meantime.

They really should provide more details on their product page, at least with respect to the limited mounting options on some of their cases.

I was not able to get 5GHz because the VCore was too high for comfort. I was at +0.100V offset and saw a peak of 1.432V when I gave up.

I was able to get 4.9GHz at 1.392V and 82C at an ambient of 25.5C.

The other fan started to rattle a bit now...

Hello, excuse my english i'm french.

Do you try to put spacers between the H110 and 650D to align it?

I don't know if it's possible.

You would need 15-18mm spacers to clear the hot swap drive tray on the inside of the machine. The radiator WILL NOT fit flush with the 650D if the hot swap bay is installed.

I just got my H110 and it sorta doesnt fit in my 650D. I have an Intel i7 3930k with an ASUS X79 Sabertooth. I upgrade from a H100. I wasnt able to do a full internal P/P with the H100 and I know I wont be able to with the H110.

The H110 is only able to fit with the tubes coming from the right side of the radiator. The rear fan is in the way for a left side mount. I have the fans in a push configuration with the exhaust going out of the case. I will not do an intake configuration.

The problem I am having is that there is a part of the plastic from the 650D top HDD dock that hits one of the H110 reservoirs. One thing I was disappointed from the included H110 hardware was the lack of the short mounting screws. I had to use the ones that came with my H100. I was able to mount 6 out of the 8 holes on the top of the radiator to my case. I think that is sufficient enough.

I have not done any temp tests. Im currently running at 4.8Ghz (stays below 85C on the H100 during IBT) and hope to push to 5.0GHz. I also would like to do a P/P config, but I will have to mount the pull fans on the outside of my case.

I have pictures, but what is a good place to upload and link to this thread? Thanks!

Just a question. Would it fit with the hoses on the left if you installed a extra thin fan at the rear?

Just a question. Would it fit with the hoses on the left if you installed a extra thin fan at the rear?

I tried that configuration but the hot swap bay still pushes the radiator a few mm off the center of the mounting holes. The hoses were resting on the top of the rear fan which I didn't like.

• Corsair Employee
I tried that configuration but the hot swap bay still pushes the radiator a few mm off the center of the mounting holes. The hoses were resting on the top of the rear fan which I didn't like.

The tubes will be placed in awkward position if you put the tubes on left and possible kinking it depending on how thick the fan is. The only way I see it is to have the tubes on the left.

I caved and changed the configuration of my H110 to Pull. Now everything fits as predicted. I came across a video from LinusTechTips and he prefers Pull than Push because its easier to clean the radiator and that there is negligible performance difference between the two.

Now to get my replacement fans...

Archived