Corsair Community

CUE 1.10.67 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Updated Release

Version 1.10.67

September 15th, 2015

Release Notes

CUE 1.10.67 is the latest release for our RGB line of peripherals and contains a multitude of changes and enhancements.

Fixes

• Resolved an issue with indicator keys on RGB keyboards.
  • VOID Wireless headset now has automatic shutdown after 11 minutes of no audio.
  • All VOID headsets now have the same volume level scaling.
  • Resolved lift height issue for RGB gaming mice.
  • CUE software update windows now contain Corsair logo for proper identification.
  • SDK support is now possible within CUE.
  • Resolved miscellaneous bugs and fixes.

Important Note:

If you have updated your keyboard to FW 1.20 or newer, software older than 1.5.108 will no longer be compatible. Please ensure you always have the latest software available when updating the firmware to prevent incompatibility. Firmware updates are done through the software itself under Settings -> Device -> Update Firmware.

Keyboard Connectivity:

• Connecting via USB 3.0: Use one connector (the one with the keyboard icon) when connecting via USB 3.0
  • Connecting via USB 2.0: Use both connectors when using USB 2.0. Important Note: Plug in the connector with the two arrows icon first, and the connector with the keyboard icon second.

CUE Patch Notes 1.10.67.pdf

• Corsair Employee

CUE SDK is now available with CUE 1.10.67 and is available as a separate download at http://www.corsair.com/downloads. Here is the document found in the zip for those who would like to play around with it.

To enable SDK, please ensure the option is selected under Settings as shown below. This option can be unchecked if you want to revert back to default CUE control as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22845&stc=1&d=1442513667

CUE SDK - Overview and Reference.pdf

304358536_SDKEnable.PNG.036fefd77a3f45b9c697e10cd364f2dd.PNG

• Corsair Employee
think ill give this sdk a miss, means and does nothing for me? would have liked a few more cue link lighting effects.....oh well :(

The SDK is for advance users who know C++. If you're like me, it wouldn't be of much use until someone shares their results.

Do the colors blend smoothly now like on *top competitor company*'s rgb mechanical keyboard? or nah? I want a K series but without the headache.

I've heard they do on the STRAFE RGB, but I don't have one so I can't say for sure. The K series has flicker when in 16.8 million color mode if that is what you are asking about. It is a limitation of the LED controller and can't be fixed with a software update.

Great job with that SDK :)

There just one thing I just recognized: CUE seems to crash if the SDK-function "CorsairSetLedsColors" is called with size 0 and a zero length array as parameter. This is of course nothing someone should do, but it might be better to catch that with the CE_InvalidArguments error.

Ah btw: I'd really like to see a key-pressed-event (especially for G-keys) in the SDK :p

EDIT: For me (DE-Layout) "CorsairGetLedPositions" returns wrong values for the keys. Is this intended? (If yes, what layout is used?) Or should the logical layout be considered?

EDIT 2: It seems like "CorsairGetLedIdForKeyName" doesn't work for anything except letters. (DE-Layout)

EDIT 3: About edit 2: Seems like I missed that in the documentation (thanks for pointing that out haz_mat). Are there any plans to add support for more (or all) keys in the future?

Great job with that SDK :)

Ah btw: I'd really like to see a key-pressed-event (especially for G-keys) in the SDK :p

Yeah that would make life a bit easier not having to depend on the right system-triggered event handlers. But its pretty straight-forward setting up those handlers yourself, so not that big of a deal.

EDIT 2: It seems like "CorsairGetLedIdForKeyName" doesn't work for anything except letters. (DE-Layout)

From the documentation PDF on page 12, thats intended behavior for CorsairGetLedIdForKeyName(char keyName):

char keyName - key name. [‘A’..’Z’] (26 values) are valid values.

On another note, I want to get a java wrapper working for this library. I like C++ and all, but I've been working with java a lot recently and for an application like this java is plenty fast and we shouldn't really need pointers to do this stuff. I saw the thread up about a C# wrapper and it seems they have a working solution so it got me thinking.

Rather than try to do this from scratch, I've looked into using SWIG (Simple Wrapper Interface Generator) to help automate at least part of this process. I even managed to get it to generate a bunch of java classes based on the corsair structs, the JNI declarations, as well as a cxx interface file. I added corsair's .lib and .dll files to SWIG's directory, told swig to include the corsair header files and also to include SWIG's windows.i to handle the calls to the DLL library. From what I got out of the SWIG crash-course, this should be all I had to do.

SWIG seems to have completed successfully but I'm not sure where to go from here, namely how to set up and compile a test app with the code I've got. I guess whatever compiler/IDE I use needs to be able to link and compile both languages together - not something I've done before. I'm also a bit unsure what compiling this would result in, java typically compiles to a portable JAR but since there are other libraries in use I'm not sure how to proceed. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Some compilers/IDEs can output existing C++ code as java classes, it would be great if corsair just released a java "plugin" for this library.

From the documentation PDF on page 12, thats intended behavior for CorsairGetLedIdForKeyName(char keyName):

Thanks for pointing that out, seems like I missed this.

Yeah that would make life a bit easier not having to depend on the right system-triggered event handlers. But its pretty straight-forward setting up those handlers yourself, so not that big of a deal.

I don't agree with that. Until now I wasn't able to detect G-Key-Input (I got some more ideas of what to try but I'm not really confident.

And even if I get this to work there is still the problem that i would have to implement a layout mapping for everything except letters since I need the CorsairLedId not the windows key id.

I don't agree with that. Until now I wasn't able to detect G-Key-Input (I got some more ideas of what to try but I'm not really confident.

And even if I get this to work there is still the problem that i would have to implement a layout mapping for everything except letters since I need the CorsairLedId not the windows key id.

Ah yes I see what you mean. If we could use the real keycodes to set the keys you wouldn't need some table to translate to the corsair ID. The issue with the G keys in particular is interesting - they're outside of "official keyboard specs" so I can see why we would have issues with those. So in light of that issue yeah maybe it would be best to just let CUE send our key events - and if they stick to a consistent naming scheme we can just use that and ignore the windows codes.

Glad we finally have the sdk.

A bit amusing all the sample files have this on the top:

// progress.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.

lol.

I was really excited when I got my keyboard for the SDK... but now that I actually have it I have no idea what to do with it. I wish I could tie it in with the games that I play but that would also require the developers of the game create hooks for events...

Ponder ponder. Sweet patch notes though.

"contains a multitude of changes" - the best joke about this update.

Is anyone one of you guys going to take advantage of SDK and make some script/app for nice lighting effects? ^^

Sure am. Currently wrapping it in Node FFI so I can use it in JavaScript(Node.js). After that will most likely come a utility (probably created with Electron).

Keep an eye on https://github.com/xbenjii/cuejs

• 3 weeks later...
Since updating to 1.10.67 at startup CUE insists in opening its window instead of sitting silently at the tray. Any suggestions to fix this annoying little habbit?

try uninstalling CUE going in to reg, search for Corsair and delete anything that pertains to CUE. restart adn reinstall

Archived