Corsair Community

Freezing and hangups, not sure OS or drive

Realism51

This might not belong here depending on whats wrong, I know that the SSD that I have was rumored to have some freezing issues. Hoping to get this all sorted out and solved. Here is the issue:

Started getting random hangups with windows 7 x64 home premium about three weeks ago. Nothing special happened that I know about. No updates, no new software/hardware. Usually to my recollection has only occurred while browsing the internet, not while using office or other software. When it does hang it will do so from 30-60 seconds, webpage wont load, cant open others. At first I thought it might be just my browser so next time it happened I tried to open any other programs, with the result that they all hang and only open when the 30-60 seconds has passed.

This happens at any point, even with a single tab or website opened up. I have a two drive system with my D:\ set for logical only, no dual boot.

C:\ is main OS running on Corsair Force 3 SSD 256GB with 90GB free

D:\ has been having some issues with bad sectors, but no programs are installed on it, just basically photos and videos. Its on the list to be RMA'ed

Other things of note I guess would be 16 GB of DDR3, CPU AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

What is interesting is I can still interact with programs that are open, except internet tabs (Chrome in this case), type but cant open, close, what not.

Trying to figure this out.

It may be in "Programs and features".

If not, Go to Device Manager > Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers > right click the AMD controller > Uninstall and tick "Delete driver software for this device".

Restart your computer and Windows should now install the MSAHCI drivers.

Archived