Corsair Community

Have I wasted £12? SSD RMA

Hi. Recently my Force series (SATA II) drive decided to up sticks and disappear. I tried everything to get it back but nothing worked so I set up an RMA.

It cost me £12 (about 1/3 of the value of the drive !) to send it back and I sent it as Corsair tell you to - recorded insured and signed for.

Just one problem.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/timmahtiburon/AVF%20sale/faileddelivery.jpg

And quelle surprise since that the RMA status still looks like this.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/timmahtiburon/AVF%20sale/notreceived.jpg

This is incredibly frustrating as it is completely out of my hands due to me living in the U.K. Is the RMA department going to rearrange delivery or collect it? or is it going to bounce and waste loads more of my time and be £12 wasted?

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry you are frustrated but please look at what you posted:

I mean they tried to deliver it at 4:43 AM in the morning and again I am sorry and I don't know about you but at 4-5 AM I am still sleeping.

In addition, if they are a professional shipping company and I am sure they are they will know how to determine our hours of operation. And come back at the appropriate time so we can receive the package.

It would appear that whoever in this company that tried to deliver at 4:43 AM should maybe stop for Coffee and Donuts and Wake up before doing something that seems irrational. Which I might add was early Saturday Morning And I am sorry I am not making fun of this only that it seems a little out there doesn't it?

:cool:

That's how it has played out.

Currently Responding to Message »

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

We are unable to accept your return as the product(s) returned to Corsair is not valid under the Corsair Warranty Policy. http://www.corsair.com/warranty/default.aspx .

Reason for Refusal: Damaged Product, broken connector

Please advise your collection method:

a) Provide us with a return shipping label

b) Arrange for a pick up

c) Confirm that Corsair can dispose the product(s).

** Note** Product(s) unclaimed after 2 weeks of this notice will be disposed.

I'm so angry right now I'm shaking.

• Corsair Employee
It would appear the connector was broken and that would be considered physical damage. I would suggest calling our customer service by phone to try and work this out. You can call the toll free number listed under contact on the main site using SKYPE for free.

Hmm well I must say if they Skype then that would be excellent.

I've been using Corsair products for years. I always held them in the highest regard. I have to say I'm incredibly disappointed that they don't have a UK based RMA. After all, we end up paying more than any other customers. And with the recession and Royal Mail being dicks I paid 1/3 of the cost of the drive in the first place just to send it back.

That bit really upsets me. The fact that even if nothing had gone wrong I am still paying out the back end to send things back. I could 24 hour courier to anywhere in the British isles for half of that !

Every machine I have ever had has had Corsair memory in it. Checking the links in my sig for rigs I had when I joined here will bring up Corsair memory in both. One had Dominators that cost me a fortune and I now use Vengeance. I bought them based on Corsair's excellent record for customer service (as well as every SSD I have ever owned !) but I have to say the response from the RMA department has been rather obtuse.

Basically they are telling me my drive is broken (without even showing me any evidence) and that I have two weeks to pay to get it back or they are going to throw it in the bin.

Now I expected to be treated badly by Coolit because they are the rudest most obnoxious company I have ever had the misfortune of corresponding with but Corsair?

Come on man. I know there's a recession right now but treating me like this over a drive that costs so little is a bit harsh.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry that is not the case I assure you, but like I said if you call our customer service they will do their best to help you. You can do it by email but it will take much more time.

I will send them a message is about all I can do, but they may not know your questions and will not be able to give me an answer.

And I will need your case number so they will be able to research your case?

Hi. Thank you for your reply I do appreciate it. The case number is #4846040

They replied yesterday morning to tell me that they were forwarding it on to customer service. If the drive is indeed damaged then it would have happened in transit and I will need numerous photos to stand any chance of a claim with Royal Mail.

Can you tell me where the contact information is for the Skype and email etc? I've been unable to locate the phone number either.

Thanks again for your help I do appreciate it.

Hi Ramguy. The drive came last Friday but I did not have time to try it until today. I tried it first in a usb caddy as my SATA channels are all full now, and nothing happened.

I put it in the PC and the PC took ages to post and then just like the one I sent back nothing happens and the PC doesn't detect it :(

It's strange because my old one used to work fine, but when it went it did exactly the same thing this refurbished one is doing :(

I'll see if there are any new bios updates for my motherboard, but other than that I think it may be faulty :(

Hi Ramguy. The drive is a F60. Not the SATA III version but the SATA II. It has Refurbished written on it.

The part number is CSSD-F60GB2-A/RF2.

It's basically dead and doesn't detect. The last one (same drive) worked for about a month in this system before vanishing. I also have a 120gb model exactly the same (F series SATA III) which I am using as we speak.

Sadly I don't have anywhere else to test it and I checked the bios and I am running the latest one I can. I am using a Xeon E3 1220 and MSI do not recommend using an Ivybridge bios update as it can break support for my CPU. I had it happen in an Asrock board.

Edit. Sorry mate, forgot to mention I have also tried it in an external 2.5 USB enclosure and still nothing :(

• Corsair Employee

This was on RMA# 4846040 Correct? If so I have asked our customer service to arrange for pickup of that drive and delivery of another drive for you.

I am sorry that happened but we will take care of you ASAP.

Archived