Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4, Commander Pro, and Custom Fan Curves

bryan_c

I have my case fans connected to the commander pro and have custom fan curves set. Does corsair link 4 have to be running for the custom curves to be applied. If so, what defaults are being applied to the fans when CL4 is not running?

• Corsair Employee
If you're using the GPU temp, you MUST have Corsair Link software running, otherwise the Commander Pro has no way of knowing what the GPU temperature is. If you shut down the Link software, the Commander Pro will default to the 40C point on your custom curve.

If you're using the GPU temp, you MUST have Corsair Link software running, otherwise the Commander Pro has no way of knowing what the GPU temperature is. If you shut down the Link software, the Commander Pro will default to the 40C point on your custom curve.

Thank you! That makes sense. Is that true of all of the different Temperature References? For example if I set the CPU Temp as my reference, will the commander pro run the case fans at a constant speed if Link is not running?

Basically, if I want the commander pro to run the case fans on a Curve based on any temperature reference Link needs to be running? Is that correct?

Thank you again for all of your help.

• Corsair Employee
That's 90% correct. If you base your curve off of one of the Commander Pro's thermistors, you won't need the Link software to be running because the Commander Pro has access to that temperature data. But for anything else, you'll need the Link software running.

Archived