Corsair Community

Won't Detect Cooler, Driver Won't Install

Puppetoffate

Hello all,

I have a h100i v2 and I cannot get it to be detected/controller by Corsair Link. I have the newest form of CL installed but that isn't really the problem. The problem is the driver. When I try to choose the driver it installs then states that a malfunction occurred. The name changes to "Corsair USBXp Driver" but says there was a descriptor failure. I've had it for over a year but haven't ever been able to get it to work properly with CL. I have a Windows 10 64-bit PC. I also tried disabling everything that could prevent an installation of unsigned drivers but that isn't the error it's giving me. I'm absolutely losing my mind trying to get this to work. I tried some of the old versions of CL too that some other posts have mentioned but that didn't fix it either. If I choose to let Windows update it, it then states "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)". Anyone been able to get this to work? Seems like purely a driver issue.

1.PNG.28a90049f13df7e370b6c65a0e45ddb1.PNG

2.PNG.9c1aef376989151c2144b4f1a9a7dc2f.PNG

• Corsair Employee

A couple of different things to try:

- Plugging the cooler into a different USB header on the motherboard.

- Using a Mini-USB to Type-A cable and connecting the cooler directly to an external USB port.

If neither of these work, you might actually have a malfunctioning cooler, in which case a trip to customer service could get you all sorted out.

A couple of different things to try:

- Plugging the cooler into a different USB header on the motherboard.

- Using a Mini-USB to Type-A cable and connecting the cooler directly to an external USB port.

If neither of these work, you might actually have a malfunctioning cooler, in which case a trip to customer service could get you all sorted out.

Tried both of these beforehand. Neither work.

Archived