Corsair Community

CL 4.9.0.57 -- New Inaccessible Effect?

KR0SSED0UT

I just updated the firmware on my Lighting Node Pro and updated CL to 4.9.0.57 and now, when i'm booting up or shutting down, I get a rainbow effect that travels across my RGB strips and fans -- which I have not been able to achieve in CL previously, at all.

Could someone explain to me what the hell I'm missing here?

• Corsair Employee
I just updated the firmware on my Lighting Node Pro and updated CL to 4.9.0.57 and now, when i'm booting up or shutting down, I get a rainbow effect that travels across my RGB strips and fans -- which I have not been able to achieve in CL previously, at all.

Could someone explain to me what the hell I'm missing here?

This looks like it could be an undocumented demo mode that starts up when the LNP receives power, but CL4 isn't running. See this related thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171413

I'm working on digging up some more info and I'll follow up in both threads once I receive an answer.

It's the new default mode for the LNP and CLCP. This was introduced by the latest firmware update. When either LNP or CLCP are powered on but aren't grabbed by CL4, they'll automatically play this effect rather than the original default behavior.

It's the new default mode for the LNP and CLCP. This was introduced by the latest firmware update. When either LNP or CLCP are powered on but aren't grabbed by CL4, they'll automatically play this effect rather than the original default behavior.

So will users be able to, you know, access this effect in the future? This looks better than almost every present in CL4.

What can we do if we want the old behavior back? Wait for a new firmware/downgrade firmware?

• Corsair Employee

I answered these questions in another thread, but will reiterate here:

1. This lighting mode - which some of you seem to really like and I don't blame you - will be added as a selectable mode within the next couple of months.

2. I can absolutely understand - and even share - frustration that hardware playback has been disabled with the new firmware. The new firmware is designed to support new products which require software playback. However, I'm working aggressively with our software department to provide short and long term solutions to end users who wish to keep the hardware playback of their lighting controllers and I apologize for the trouble this has caused anyone.

I answered these questions in another thread, but will reiterate here:

1. This lighting mode - which some of you seem to really like and I don't blame you - will be added as a selectable mode within the next couple of months.

2. I can absolutely understand - and even share - frustration that hardware playback has been disabled with the new firmware. The new firmware is designed to support new products which require software playback. However, I'm working aggressively with our software department to provide short and long term solutions to end users who wish to keep the hardware playback of their lighting controllers and I apologize for the trouble this has caused anyone.

Thank you for letting us know, IMO it's a great looking effect and it's super frustrating to have the limited amount of control that CL4 offers after having spent close to $250 in Corsair fans/lighting.

Can you please set up a drop box for the prior firmware so those of us who mistakenly installed this can undo the damage? I had a blissful first week with the Commander Pro, then I did this. There appear to be several problems beyond the start-up behavior and my Commander Pro and Link are non-functional with this combination of 4.9 and the new firmware.

• Corsair Employee
Right now I'm traveling on business and out of the office; I will be endeavoring over the next week or two to provide at least a stopgap solution to users who are having serious issues with the new firmware and software - and "serious issues" includes the loss of hardware playback.

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

As requested by folks here in the forum, I've provided a downgrade path for both the LNP and CLCP to force flash the older, hardware-playback capable firmware for both devices. This requires that you use CL4.9 since it introduced the ability to do this through software (rather than the pinhole method), you can then roll back to CL4.8 after you flash the older device firmware.

How-to thread has been posted and pinned:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171536

Archived