Corsair Community

#612808 Confirmation on return address

Sean2020

Hi, I have been approved an RMA for my HX850 about 2 weeks ago. However the shipping label link I was given in my ticket was incomplete and did not contain a Return address to Corsair. After multiple attempts trying to explain to the person handling my ticket that I did not have the return address, I gave up (after their last bewildering response) and used the live chat.

The agent here gave me a return address in the Netherlands. I asked if there was anywhere closer as I live in Ireland. But they said, no that Netherlands was the closest, fair enough I thought.

I then went onto my Post service web site and saw how much it is to ship 3.5kg to the Netherlands and did some investigating. I found this thread http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138490 explaining how Corsair have a returns department now in the UK for Irish and UK residents.

How come I was given the Netherlands return address? Aside from cost of sending the item back, I want to make 100% sure that I am sending to the correct address and don't end up getting it returned to me (at my expense) due to a communication error on Corsair's end. So far this RMA process has not filled me with much confidence.

This is the Address the Live Chat agent gave me:

Could you please clarify where I am to the send the package to?

Thanks for any assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Further confusion here.

Got two responses on my ticket today.

First response:

"Hello Sean,

This ticket was mistakenly approved as the unit is actually out of warranty. Can you please provide receipts for other Corsair items? Have you already shipped off the unit?"

No I have not shipped the unit. What does the bit I highlighted in bold mean?

The second response (a minute later) tells me:

"Hello Sean,

We have approved your Standard Replacement RMA request. Your ticket # is 612808.

Once Corsair physically receives your item, your RMA will be processed and shipped. For your convenience, click on the shipping label link at the top of your ticket to access the return address label and further shipping instructions. Please use this label when shipping parts back to Corsair."

There, again, is no return address on the print label link.

What is happening, is the warranty approved or not?

Thank you for any assistance.

It looks like it has been approved but you will want to contact customer service using their toll-free number on Skype to confirm the RMA status.

The toll-free number can be found in the forum notice.

Note: We have recently migrated to a new ticketing system and we are experiencing a delay in the response time. Please be assured that we are aware of this issue and our team is working diligently to resolve the issue and we will respond to your inquiries as soon as we can. For urgent technical inquiries you may reach us at 888-222-4346.

Archived