Corsair Community

CUE not loading profile at startup.

I have CUE set to run on startup but currently it's not loading the profile for my Sabre. I have to manually restart the program for the profile to load correctly.

Edit: It is occasionally that the profile isn't loading at Windows startup, sometimes it does.

CUE not loading the Sabre profile:

CUE_not_loading_Sabre.png

Normal Startup:

CUE_not_loading_Sabre_normal.png

Win 10 install is quite fresh with appropriate chipset drivers installed. I'm having an issue with the Asmedia USB drivers from the mobo manufacturer failing to install. I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of the Asmedia drivers are or whether that could be an issue. I believe Windows has installed a standard Intel driver... I'll try another usb port also.

• Corsair Employee
Windows drivers for third party USB 3.0 has some strange issues for Windows 10 that the third party vendors are aware of but can't resolve. Use the motherboard drivers instead. Asmedia 3.0 has some known issues with us that are resolved when using the specific motherboard driver over the windows 10 drivers, for example.

Hi James,

The motherboard supplied USB drivers for my Asus Z97-A are the Asmedia ones, those are the motherboard drivers...

The exact error when installing the Asmedia drivers is 'The Asmedia USB host controller was not found.' In my brief researching of the error this could be caused by the controller not being enabled in the Bios but that would seem unusual for default behavior.

The currently installed USB drivers appear to be Microsoft drivers installed with Windows.

Asmedia_USB.png

Mobo_USB_drivers.png

Turns out the Asus Z97-A doesn't have an Asmedia USB controller after all, or at least an Asus forum member says. No idea why the Asmedia drivers appear on the Z97-A download page.

Unfortunately the issue persists over another USB port, sometimes triggering the mouse profile at startup, sometimes not. I haven't tried the mouse on one of the 2.0 ports so will try that next.

• Corsair Employee

That is odd. Try to disable USB suspend in Power Options and check your BIOS settings too. You'll want to ensure Legacy USB is on.

You should also contact our tech support directly at 1-888-222-4346 and ask for Victor. He can help you sort this out 1:1.

Yes, the drivers required for this particular boards USB is still a slight mystery, I'm discussing it in another forum and we're still trying to work it out. All of my USB ports appear to work but the issue could be whether the correct drivers are installed or a configuration issue as you suggest.

I will try your suggestion and also contact Victor if there is no joy with that.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm still having a bit of trouble with this. Now my side back button is refusing to work.

What's happening is when CUE starts with Windows is that loads as shown in the first screenshot in this post with the demo Scimtar instead of the Sabre (my mouse). Exiting and re opening CUE then loads the Sabre and it's lighting/DPI profiles ect. Then sometimes it will randomly revert to the Scimtar and all of the Sabre's lighting/DPI profiles stop working along also with my back button. Currently I have re opened CUE again and Sabre is showing, it's lighting profile is working but the side back button still refuses to work. Is this still a USB issue or something else?

• Corsair Employee
So I'm still having a bit of trouble with this. Now my side back button is refusing to work.

What's happening is when CUE starts with Windows is that loads as shown in the first screenshot in this post with the demo Scimtar instead of the Sabre (my mouse). Exiting and re opening CUE then loads the Sabre and it's lighting/DPI profiles ect. Then sometimes it will randomly revert to the Scimtar and all of the Sabre's lighting/DPI profiles stop working along also with my back button. Currently I have re opened CUE again and Sabre is showing, it's lighting profile is working but the side back button still refuses to work. Is this still a USB issue or something else?

Open a RMA ticket and PM me your number. I can replace Sabre for you just to confirm its not related to the product.

Open a RMA ticket and PM me your number. I can replace Sabre for you just to confirm its not related to the product.

Hi James,

I will do this asap. The fact that this issue is intermittent could suggest a malfunction of the mouse. There doesn't appear to be any other reports of this issue either that I'm aware of.

Archived