Corsair Community

Back/Forward missing in M65 iCue config macros menu

PotatoInside

im trying to create a macro to make the DPI up button click the mouse forward button 3x or even a toggle to repeatedly press mouse forward.

there is no mouse forward or back in the mouse button menu only left/right.middle, i have the absolute latest version of iCue, is there another place i have to go to to select mouse forward and back?

• Corsair Employee
The forward and back buttons should be in the actions tab -> Mouse Button in the drop down. I highlighted the forward and back buttons in the attached photo. Post a screenshot if you don't show those options in your iCUE.

1566989071_iCUEMouseBackForward.thumb.png.a5cbd27e5d3c1978a094499726e28c6a.png

The forward and back buttons should be in the actions tab -> Mouse Button in the drop down. I highlighted the forward and back buttons in the attached photo. Post a screenshot if you don't show those options in your iCUE.

im not trying to map them (they are already mapped in all the games i have), im trying to include them in a macro so i can create a repeating button press

• 1 year later...
im not trying to map them (they are already mapped in all the games i have), im trying to include them in a macro so i can create a repeating button press

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have the same problem. For my "back" mouse button, I created a macro for the input ctrl-tab, and I'm trying to make it so that it waits until the button has been lifted, and also lifts the inputs ctrl and tab. I'm trying to do this via "insert new event" and setting it to "mouse event," but although "left up," "right up" and "middle up" are listed as options, there are no "forward up" and "back up" options, or even "forward down" or "back down".

Is there any way I could have the same functionality via some other option?

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have the same problem. For my "back" mouse button, I created a macro for the input ctrl-tab, and I'm trying to make it so that it waits until the button has been lifted, and also lifts the inputs ctrl and tab. I'm trying to do this via "insert new event" and setting it to "mouse event," but although "left up," "right up" and "middle up" are listed as options, there are no "forward up" and "back up" options, or even "forward down" or "back down".

Is there any way I could have the same functionality via some other option?

Hi _sus_2_,

Have you tried using the Macro recording feature? It's the default action when adding a new one.

Hi _sus_2_,

Have you tried using the Macro recording feature? It's the default action when adding a new one.

The thing is, when I use the recording feature, pressing the button performs all of the inputs at the same time. Here, it might be easier to explain if I just explained what I'm specifically doing:

I'm trying to make the "back" mouse button work the same way as Window's alt+tab, which switches from your current window to a recently used window. If you press down alt+tab and then only lift up tab (before your window switches), a popup thing appears that shows all your currently open windows; you can click on one to switch to it. (The Mac equivalent is command+tab if you want to try it out.)

Basically my problem is that instantaneously pressing/lifting alt+tab doesn't give me the chance to see that popup. What I want to happen is that pressing down "back" inputs alt+tab and then lifts up tab, and depressing "back" lifts up alt afterward.

• Corsair Employee
The thing is, when I use the recording feature, pressing the button performs all of the inputs at the same time. Here, it might be easier to explain if I just explained what I'm specifically doing:

I'm trying to make the "back" mouse button work the same way as Window's alt+tab, which switches from your current window to a recently used window. If you press down alt+tab and then only lift up tab (before your window switches), a popup thing appears that shows all your currently open windows; you can click on one to switch to it. (The Mac equivalent is command+tab if you want to try it out.)

Basically my problem is that instantaneously pressing/lifting alt+tab doesn't give me the chance to see that popup. What I want to happen is that pressing down "back" inputs alt+tab and then lifts up tab, and depressing "back" lifts up alt afterward.

You can enable the "Delays" option for macro recording, so not every recorded action is executed instantly.

You can enable the "Delays" option for macro recording, so not every recorded action is executed instantly.

I was able to fix it by going under the macro's Advanced Settings' Second Action option. I set the first action to "alt+tab+release tab", and the second to "release alt", and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help in any case.