Corsair Community

Force 3 and Force GT Firmware 1.3.2 Update

Yellowbeard

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes that was 1.3 i wish to update to 1.3.2, you mis read the whole question there is nothing matching the signature with the files in the 1.3.2 zip..... basicly do i use 22788 or 22793 file the instructions are misleading, again does not match my drive signature to what the pds files have

there is no 22757.vic file in the RAR file, there is only 22788.vic or 22793.vic

my drive sigature is 142-142-22757 capish?

I just did a test download and the correct files are there. My best guess is that you have downloaded the wrong file for your drive. But, you have not stated here what drive you have. FYI, 22788 and 22793 are for the Force 3, NOT the GT. GT is 22756 and 22757. Capisce?

You had this same issue in another thread. What part of this are you not getting

I had fun with this firmware (sarcasm).

Updated firmware, cleared cmos, performed secure erase, went to install windows only to be told the drive couldn't be used as it may not be supported, loaded parted magic to find that gparted wasn't showing the drive, loaded diskpart to find that I can't create a partition due to an I/O error.

I did nothing different than when I updated to 1.3, I find myself rather perplexed.

A few days ago bought a Corsair SSD Force 3 60Gb (SN 11296516000007430410)

Objective - to use this new SSD as system drive under W7_64.

As a result of the disk within 2 days, I can say that it's "crude" product - not available basic firmware, no new firmware 1.3.2 does not solve the problems.

As the system drive can be used only if you find ways to circumvent these problems. ;):

What is it:

1. If the SSD is connected only to the system, but on the second SATA channel (ie, SATA configuration location 01), then install Windows 7 64 at the SSD is not possible - in the installation process, the copying / decompression of files, an error message - "continue the installation is impossible, since not successful to find the necessary files" (it is noticeably a lot of time, but - per installation is always at 0%)

2. If the SSD is connected to the first SATA channel (ie, SATA configuration location 00), then install Windows 7 64 is perfectly fine, BUT - if you log out, select "restart" or to agree to automatic reboot after installing any software - in general, in any case if you select "restart" - this SSD is lost from the system and is no longer determined by the level of BIOS ...:!:. After that, the drive can be returned to the system only through the cunning and well-defined manipulation - turning the computer off, turn on your computer, go into the BIOS and then being in the BIOS Ctrl+Alt+Del, - only then will the SSD "returns" and no differently.

In this case, if we forget about this possibility as a "reboot" every time you can only use "Turn off computer", in this case, SSD behaves normally and will not "disappear".

Given the above - does it make sense to expect in the near future a new firmware, with which, these problems will be eliminated, if so, how soon?

Or better at the moment to return this SSD back to the store exchanged for another model?

:confused:

ps

- As a second drive in the system (no system) - that is, simply to store files - this SSD is working properly.

Installing Windows 7 64 - use the original MSDN distribution.

Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller on board

Intel HM67 Express Chipset Family on board

If you are having these issues after the 1.3.2 firmware update, I suggest you use the RMA link on the left side of any forum page and have the drive replaced.

Hey Yellowbeard, I saw on the one release note that you posted that it fixes a smart attribute showing 129c. I was running speedfan to check some temps and noticed that my SSD was showing that it was 129c. My system seems perfectly stable as of late, no bsod's,freezing or any other problems. Should I upgrade the new FW to fix that temp issue or just leave it as is? Thanks.

Archived