Corsair Community

Issue with HX1000i PSU and CableMod

maeglim

Hello, I am looking for some support with an issue i have with my new PC build. i will try and keep this short. i have been planning and saving for this PC build for some time. I finally made the order and had everything delivered. i wont list all the parts but the motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master. i built it on the desk first using the cables provided from Corsair. No issues, the PC powered on. i Then put it all in the case and swapped the cables for Sleeved cables from CableMod (Pro ModMesh C-Series KIt)(Axi/Hxi/RM)

There was an audible click from the PSU when i powered on for the first time. the RGB ram lit up but the PC wouldn't power on. I put it down to a faulty PSU and ordered another. Same issue, ram lights up but no power. Neither of these PSU's will power up another machine either now.

Could the cables from CableMod really of broken 2 PSU's? is there anything i should be trying? The PSU fan spins using the paperclip method.

sorry for the long post. any help would be greatly appreciated

If the PC powers on with the supplied Corsair cables and not with the CableMod cables ... you need to contact CableMod. It's unlikely that they killed the PSU as it will have short-circuit detection and other fail-safes to mitigate against that, which could well by why it's not turning on at all.

Thanks for the reply, sorry i wasn't clear. The PC now wont power on with any cables from either of the new PSU's. My old 750w one works. It would seem both PSU's are broken. i am struggling to believe that. i just don't know what else to try.

Archived