Corsair Community

CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 Problems Running Above 1333Mhz

riesscar

Hello,

I am an extremely frustrated buyer of Corsair's Dominator Platinum Memory (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9), which was not only on the ASUS Rampage IV BE QVL, but was also guaranteed in an email from RAMGUY to be compatible with the board and CPU (4930k).

This kit will not run at higher than 1333Mhz, as I get a BSOD when I attempt to load the XMP profile, set the equivalent timings and voltages manually, or even set a modest frequency of 1600Mhz.

After weeks of testing different voltages and timings with the help of experts over at ROG, the ASUS experts, Corsair technician and I concluded that I must have a faulty DIMM. So, I RMA'd the kit. Upon receiving my replacement I have gotten the same BSOD's.

Now, I know that the first thing people will say is that it's my CPU IMC, my MB, or maybe just the way I look at the RAM. None of these are the problem. I can run my G-Skill Ripjaws Z 32GB 2400Mhz RAM without any BIOS changes aside from setting an XMP profile. So, it looks like I have been bilked out of 500$ by Corsair unless some kind soul can recommend functional timings and voltages in order to get this RAM to run at 1600 at least... I would sure be grateful for any help, because I love the aesthetics of the DIMMs.

My Hardware:

MB: Rampage IV BE

CPU: 4930k

PSU: AX1200i

Case: 900d

Custom Watercooling

Thanks for any advice,

Carson

What is the bsod code ? Very weird to get 2 faulty kits in a row. Its kind of cut and dry tho. Its either another bad kit or there is something to do with the xmp profile or auto settings that is not correct for this ram kit. Your g.skill kit works fine at higher rated speed so its either the ram or a setting like I said thats making the ram incompatible.

If you have free time on your hands I'd install the g.skill kit and set them to xmp 2133. Usually 2 profiles. Write down every detailed setting. I mean every single setting not just the initial 4 timings and frequency and then install the corsair kit and manually change every setting to the same. I know it should not have the same settings but the 2133 version of ripjaw z have loser timings then the dominators so all other settings should be slightly loser as well. This may seam like a completely out there idea, and it will take a bit of time, but if it does work you can go to asus and say WTF is wrong with XMP on your motherboard. Especially since the kit is on the support list for the board.

wbear please reset your BIOS, Insert the Corsair memory , enable the XMP profile and then manually set your DIMM voltage to 1.55 to 1.6v and see if that doesn't get them stable. Your Corsair memory is completely different than your other brand. so it may need slightly different settings.

If it isn't stable at 1.6v then you may want to add a tick or two to the IMC voltage.

Also can you post a screen shot of CPUz SPD and memory tabs please?

wbear please reset your BIOS, Insert the Corsair memory , enable the XMP profile and then manually set your DIMM voltage to 1.55 to 1.6v and see if that doesn't get them stable. Your Corsair memory is completely different than your other brand. so it may need slightly different settings.

If it isn't stable at 1.6v then you may want to add a tick or two to the IMC voltage.

Also can you post a screen shot of CPUz SPD and memory tabs please?

This stuff is true. I just assumed since he said he messed with a bunch of voltages after being recommended by rog forums. Prob shouldn't assume they told him the correct voltages tho lol.

Archived