Corsair Community

Windows 10 hangs or reboots after wake from sleep

Yanta

I have 10 PCs running Windows 10 1709 or 1809.

When the PCs go to sleep, and I wake with mouse, keyboard or power button the PC will either give me the login screen, and then hang after logging in when I try to do anything, and explorer subsequently crashes. Or the PC will double reboot. Nothing shows on the screen, it seems to try to wake up, then 10 seconds later reboots again.

It does this with CorsairLink and with iCue software.

This has been going on since Windows 10 1607, but the reboot has only just started recently. I have just gotten to the point of being so frustrated with the situation that I decided to track it down. After a week of testing, changing 1 thing at a time, then waiting for PC to go to sleep, I have found that the problems only occur when these software packages are installed.

If I remove them completely the PCs work fine an there are no reboots or hangs or crashes. I have tried the last 3 versions of both softwares. All PCs are on the latest BIOSs, and not that it matters, all are using the latest video drivers.

Now, I know this is a controversial topic. I've read hundreds of threads here and other forums where the discussions get quite heated, but not a single solution. I currently have 10 PCs all with Corsair coolers, commander Pros and power supplies.

Dumping all Corsair products is an option - but at this stage I can't afford that, and the only other cooler that's in the same level as the Corsair products is the Kraken's - but the CAM software is riddled with bugs and telemetry. So not a preferred option. I could connect fans on most PCs to motherboards but some PCs have more fans than headers (My PC has 13 fans and 2 C'Pros), plus it's a terrible waste of money to throw $1000 of C'Pros out.

Can you please tell me what information you need from me to assist with resolving this.

BTW: Exiting Corsirlink or iCue does not solve the problem. Nor does killing the services. As long as the driver is installed - the symptoms will present.

If there is no stable version of the driver - is there an alternative?

• Corsair Employee
Do you have both Corsair Link and iCue installed when this occurs? Are all 10-machines affected? We recommend using one or the other to prevent any issues. Another question, are all 10 of the machines running the exact same hardware/software setup?

Do you have both Corsair Link and iCue installed when this occurs? Are all 10-machines affected? We recommend using one or the other to prevent any issues. Another question, are all 10 of the machines running the exact same hardware/software setup?

Hello. A pleasure hearing from you again.

There are essentially two configurations I5-8600K MSI Z370 SLI Plus motherboards with 16GB RAM. They have either a H100i or a H110i cooler. PSUs are 750w. Graphics are all ASUS and are GTX 1060 or 1070.

The other setup is X299 MSI XPower gaming AC. There is one X299 ASRock Taichi but this runs Win 2012 R2 and never goes to sleep and therefore has no issues.

The attached are from my system fully loaded.

The two X299 Windows 10 systems use Commander Pro's. My PC has two commander pros. These PCs both have 32GB 3200mhz RAM. My PC Has an MSI GTX 1080 Ti and the other, my test system, has a GTX 1660 Ti. My system has a Corsair 1200i PSU and the test system has a 850i PSU.

The CPUs are 7900X and 7820X respectively.

All computers use a Samsung 960 or 970 EVO or Pro as their boot disk. All PCs have one Seagate NAS (2TB, 4TB or 6TB) drive for data, except the test PC which has 2.

Software wise, my PC has a lot more software than the others as I manage MySQL databases, do some coding/scripting, manage websites, media authoring and graphics work. The test PC software configuration is identical to mine except that it is on 1809 whereas mine is on 1709 (I test Windows H2 releases for several months before I roll them out to the rest of the network).

Of the rest of the PCs (I5-8600K), there are three PCs dedicated to HTPC use and the rest are gaming PCs. HTPCs are busy when they are on and powered off when not in use, so they don't exhibit the problem in normal day to day use. However, I can replicate the problem simply by booting one of the PCs and letting it go to sleep.

There are standard apps on every PC: ImgBurn, WinCDEmu, PotPlayer, Firefox 60ESR, Office 2010 (Word, Powerpoint, excel and Publisher, except mine which also has Access), Macrium Reflect, OpenVPN and OpenShell menu.

Testing was done on a plain vanilla Windows 10 clean install with no software at all. Only motherboard drivers. I then image the install so I can do each test on an identical clean install base.

I tried CLink only

I tried iCue only

I tried iCue and CLink.

I tried the above 3 combinations on three different versions of both of the software packages.

All C'Pro's are on the latest firmware. All PCs have the latest BIOS updates.

As sleep mode it closely tied to graphics drivers the first reaction of most people is "Upgrade your graphics drivers". I have done this dozens of times.

All Windows 10 installs are done with no internet access so Windows cannot download and install drivers. I then set group policy not to download drivers from M$

I have tried all Windows tests with base Windows installs, and after applying the latest patches.

Issue presents on Windows 10 x64 Pro and above for versions 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803 and 1809.

DxDiag.txt

siusbxp.thumb.png.8a3b26e7addbbb58fd9fc0b711f9f974.png

drivers.thumb.png.501d2d59fd4df7d0545308310b815902.png

Archived