Corsair Community

Corsair lighting hub slowly stopped working

Confused_hippie

Hey Guys,

I have 5 Corsair LL fans plug into the Fan Hub, which is connected to the Node which has 3 LED strips. I've had it about a year now (figures) Running on ICue latest version. started on link but then Icue came out..

Anyways about the 6 month mark I noticed 2 out of the 5 fans had stopped lighting up, fans 4 & 5. uninstalled Icue reinstalled Icue changed the node channels to no effect. after that I thought well maybe dead fan leds so I connected fans 4 & 5 to known working plugs 1-3 and all fans lit, but ports 4,5, and 6 did not work. emailed corsair no action taken by them(maybe I got an email back that I reply to then never heard from them again :dunno: ).

I gave up who cares just lights, anyways flash to Meow, Meow only fan one is lit and ports 2-6 are dead. Led strips still going strong, corsair rgb aio still lit.

Any ideas? should I just buy a new hub or has some one figured this out?

Icue lights.zip

IMG_9096.thumb.jpg.eefcd37683719d751c37e60236100a1e.jpg

IMG_9097.thumb.jpg.14cc12f020f9edb8e2df5af1d1b90e73.jpg

IMG_9098.thumb.jpg.d0fec08a8bd6e2efece35cd2bb883bed.jpg

Well, it may be the fan hub or it may be one or more of the fans. Unfortunately, the only way to really find out is to go through some tedious troubleshooting. Before I describe that, though, let's discuss how the fans work. Each fan is has both a Data In and a Data Out line and they operate in series - Fan 1 gets the signal in, sets its lights and then passes the signal back to the hub when then passes it to Fan 2. The Fan Hub facilitates this and provides power - it's really a super-simple device with no intelligence whatsoever - it just has a capacitor and some traces. That's it. It's entirely possible - and maybe even likely - that you have one bad fan that's taking the entire lot out. What you need to do is start with 1 fan at a time in port 1 of the fan hub. If it works, put it on port 2 and put the next fan in port 1. If both light up, the fan in port 1 is good. Keep doing this and validating that each fan a) lights up and b) passes the signal. Hopefully, by the time you are done, you'll have a second fan that also lights up ... put that on port 2 and check the first fan to make sure that it passes the signal as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah HA! Very good sir. bought a new fan hub (no a node) got that out of the problem, looks like I lost all of fan 4 and half of fan 1 but I have control back and I'll just have to order some new ones and return the old ones.. thanks a lot for the insight. shooting wasn't hard prob took me 5 minutes. thanks again.

Archived