Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - Not charging/overheating

Fuzzles

My headphones are currently beeping at me telling me it needs charging. When I plug them in, the light doesn't come on, instead the connector and the port on the headphones starts to get very hot to the point I can actually smell it. On top of that, I can hear something rolling around, side to side, like a little ball that's running along the round curvature of the ear cup.

I've plugged it into regular USB and USB 3.0, What is going on with this headset?

Amazon says my return window expired one week ago. I'll look into that RMA I suppose.

How old is your headset as amazon are obliged to give you the first 12 months. After this time (and within the warrantly period), Corsair will deal with it through their warrantly

How old is your headset as amazon are obliged to give you the first 12 months. After this time (and within the warrantly period), Corsair will deal with it through their warrantly

It's less than 2 months old, yet they say my return window is up.

True, Im in the Uk. but have had difficulties with electrical items failing in the past. Logitech G500 returned after failing when 8 months old. G930 failed 3 times in first year and returned to Amazon.

Samsung screen developed dead pixels when 6 months old and Amazon replaced with no issues!!!!

On a secondry note, do you have a RMA policy for the UK buyers?

• Corsair Employee
It's less than 2 months old, yet they say my return window is up.

Fuzzles, I'd like to get the headset back for analysis. Can you fill out a RMA request and let me know your case number? We'll exchange it for you.

I had the same issues, mobo notified me of a power surge on a USB port moments after I plugged in the headset to charge and computer reboots, now it doesnt seem to work anymore, battery seems to be dead on the headset, the light turns on just for a quick blink before going off, tried to open a ticket but no one got back to me..in two days that is.

• Corsair Employee
I had the same issues, mobo notified me of a power surge on a USB port moments after I plugged in the headset to charge and computer reboots, now it doesnt seem to work anymore, battery seems to be dead on the headset, the light turns on just for a quick blink before going off, tried to open a ticket but no one got back to me..in two days that is.

Madok, I approved your ticket. Have you ever had issues with that particular USB port?

Madok, I approved your ticket. Have you ever had issues with that particular USB port?

No, plugged in a few devices in it, mainly USB sticks, and have my phone plugged in right now and it never caused me any trouble.

Thanks btw!

Archived