Corsair Community

HS1 disassembly??

WalkerYYJ

Hi all,

I bought an HS1 USB ~6 months ago at a brick and mortar (faster than shipping.) And although its been an awesome headset the other day I started having trouble with audio cutting in/out. It seem the problem is localized to the strain relief as it enters the headset itself as changing the orientation of the cable as it enters the casing solves/causes the issue. IE my hunch is the problem is just the result of a bad solder joint as one of the lines connects to an internal board.

Unfortunately I do NOT have the receipt for the unit (or any of the related material IE boxes etc.) Seeing as I suspect an RMA is out of the question, and seeing as if it WERE to be RMAed it would probably just end up in the garbage (companies don't rebuild obsolete hardware these days do they?) I was wondering if anyone here could tell me the preferred method for entering the earcups so I could effect my own repair (I'm an avionics tech).

My hunch is one of the layers between the silver and black will pry apart, the question is what layer... Also are these things snapped together at the factory or glued?

Short version:

How would one open an earcup on an HS1 while doing the least damage?

thanks!

Archived