Corsair Community

iCUE stuck temp reading bug

karajan

I attached the log files so you can take a look.

during the logging i also put my PC to sleep at night. I think putting it at sleep cause the temp readings to get stuck (sometimes).

Corsair Link never had this issue.

report.zip is exported by the software, Corsair.zip contains the sensor logging files as well.

you can see that value readings are all same (stuck) after a while.

report.zip

Corsair.zip

Are you running any other monitoring tools? Particularly anything that also reads the Corsair sensors (e.g. HWInfo)?

I did try to use other software to check but not continuously, after i installed iCUE, i noticed that Aida64 and HWMonitor got trouble at reading sensors.

Aida64 now completely fails to show sensors, it only shows loading bar but that's all.

HWMonitor will hang for ~10 seconds on startup before showing sensors.

Previously I had Corsair Link and HWMonitor had no problem at loading.

I should note that windows is installed on nvme ssd and 32GB of ram, so 10 seconds for reading sensors is not quite normal.

iCUE temp reading is stuck (pump temp is always stuck at something like 31 or 32) and fans will spin faster than necessary. CPU temp readings and basically everything gets stuck.

temp readings get fixed if i restart iCUE service TWICE, if i restart once it wont work somehow.

Edited by karajan

If HWMonitor and/or AIDA are reading the Corsair sensors, that will cause issues. They should all be able to access the system sensors (e.g. CPU Temp).

Then that's really iCUE issue. why will it cause issues? it should not cause issues, i don't want a buggy software messing around in my computer :(

Corsair sensors should be compatible just like CPU temp and any other sensor and monitors that can be read from multiple applications simultaneously. or somehow it should be hidden from other software trying to fetch all the sensors.

Please fix this issue.

Kind regards.

Edited by karajan

• Corsair Employee

Hi Karajan,

Devbiker isn't a Corsair Dev haha. He's a volunteer Beta tester.

I'll pass it on but I don't really think it's a technical possibility. Software conflicts are common when all the programs are reading off the same sensors, especially when it comes to CPU-Z's stuff (HWmonitor and all) because their API is so ubiquitous. I'm not a dev, so I don't have control over any of this, but I will certainly pass it on.

Then that's really iCUE issue. why will it cause issues? it should not cause issues, i don't want a buggy software messing around in my computer :(

Corsair sensors should be compatible just like CPU temp and any other sensor and monitors that can be read from multiple applications simultaneously. or somehow it should be hidden from other software trying to fetch all the sensors.

Please fix this issue.

Kind regards.

The sensors on the Corsair devices are fundamentally and inherently very different from the system sensors. The system sensors are read from a bus that's designed specifically for the task and built into the system.

The sensors for things like pump readings are USB and the device is designed to only allow single access (I call it "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only ONE!). But the USB protocol doesn't serialize requests and it isn't designed to do so. And that's where the conflict comes in.

So ... it's like you're comparing apples and oranges, asking why the orange doesn't crunch like an apple and then asking for a crunchy orange. Sure, they're both fruit ... but they're inherently different fruits. Same thing applies here ... they are both temp sensors but they are inherently and fundamentally different beasties.

This problem isn't unique to Corsair. It's inherent in any cooler that uses the Asetek coolers (which is most of them). There are software ways around this but that also has some deeply unpleasant side effects and can cause latency issues.

Hi Karajan,

Devbiker isn't a Corsair Dev haha. He's a volunteer Beta tester.

I'll pass it on but I don't really think it's a technical possibility. Software conflicts are common when all the programs are reading off the same sensors, especially when it comes to CPU-Z's stuff (HWmonitor and all) because their API is so ubiquitous. I'm not a dev, so I don't have control over any of this, but I will certainly pass it on.

Thank you for your support. I don't know the root of stuck temp issue, conflicts mentioned by Devbiker maybe the root of this problem though.

I just wan't this problem to go away because my fans won't run at the required speed if temp reading gets stuck. some times radiator fans run faster or slower than necessary because they are, well ... stuck!

Devbiker, thanks for the explanation.

so if we can't have crunchy orange, can we hide this orange in a box so no one except iCUE can see it? that will be the easiest fix i think.

cheers :)

Edited by karajan