Corsair Community

Switching Lighting Profiles Not Working

Shippi

I just got my new k70 RGB and made a couple different lighting effects as well as downloaded a couple from the forums. The problem is that the downloaded ones only work when the corsair utility engine (1.5.108) is what I am looking at on my desktop. This only seems to happen when I switch from something I made to something I downloaded.

example: I made it so that the keys are are all red, white, or blue ([i made that) I also downloaded a super rainbow kinda thing (I DID NOT do that) Lets say I turn on my computer and have the default color scheme (where wasd and the arrow are white and I think everything else is black) and I switch to my red white and blue one then everything is fine. Let's say I then get board of the red white and blue and decide to switch to the downloaded rainbow one. I go to the corsair utility engine, I find the profile, and everything is working up until I click on google chrome (or any different program, chrome is just for the story). When I click on chrome (or any different program) the keyboard goes back to the red white and blue mode without me doing anything.

This next part may get a little confusing so bear with me-

What is kinda weird is that this doesn't happen all the time (maybe 60% of the time). Sometimes the profile will stay as I chose it and nothing will go wrong. Going back to my last example sometimes clicking on chrome will keep the rainbow mode. BUT if I keep going back to the corsair utility engine after the red/white/blue comes on without my doing then I have the rainbow one again.

I don't know if this is something I am doing wrong or if it is the keyboard. Any help will be much appreciated.

I think what you need to do is minimize the corsair utility and go to hidden icon in the lower right. Right click on the Corsair icon and at the top select your profile,it should work then..

Archived