Corsair Community

Space bar way too loose / feels cheap

Stompy

So I just received my k95 rgb platinum which is great except for the space bar which literally makes typing on this thing really uncomfortable. The thing is way too loose compared to other keys and it makes an awful noise compared to other keys also. I already tried removing the key itself, flipping it over, but nothing seems to work...

To all k95 rgb platinum users out there, do you also get this weird loose, cheap space bar or is it just me? I googled a bit and found quite a bunch of similar issues with the space bar.

I honestly expected more after spending $200 on a keyboard.

And to the Corsair staff, I bought this on the USA and sent it over to a friend who was staying there, he then brought it over to me all the way to Argentina. How could I go about using the warranty on this?

Thanks.

Mine feels fine but I guess one could see it as looser than the other keys because of the stabilizers.

If you want to RMA the device to see if another board will feel better you will have to put in a ticket with Corsair Support. You will need proof of purchase from an authorized seller and you will most likely have to ship the device back to the US as I don't know of another RMA center in the Americas.

Yeah, I just made a topic about this a week ago. Hands down my biggest complaint with Corsair boards are their stock Cherry stabilizers, they're just much more flimsy and feel cheap compared to others.

My first K70 LUX unit spacebar was terrible, my replacement was better but nowhere near as good as my keyboards with Costar or clipped Cherry stabilizers.

Mine feels fine but I guess one could see it as looser than the other keys because of the stabilizers.

If you want to RMA the device to see if another board will feel better you will have to put in a ticket with Corsair Support. You will need proof of purchase from an authorized seller and you will most likely have to ship the device back to the US as I don't know of another RMA center in the Americas.

Yeah, I just made a topic about this a week ago. Hands down my biggest complaint with Corsair boards are their stock Cherry stabilizers, they're just much more flimsy and feel cheap compared to others.

My first K70 LUX unit spacebar was terrible, my replacement was better but nowhere near as good as my keyboards with Costar or clipped Cherry stabilizers.

Damn, glad Im not the only one then I guess.

But yeah, I seriously expected far more for a keyboard this pricy.

Also, can any Corsair staff reply to my territory warranty issues? thanks.

Yea, the only upside is they allow you to remove the large keys easily without messing with a metal bar. Not to mention the number of people who don't realize they have a special stabilizer bar and just try to pry the whole thing off and ends up with a borked spacebar.

Damn, glad Im not the only one then I guess.

But yeah, I seriously expected far more for a keyboard this pricy.

Also, can any Corsair staff reply to my territory warranty issues? thanks.

you'll have to contact them at https://corsair.secure.force.com/ they dont usually/always reply to comments here.

Yea, the only upside is they allow you to remove the large keys easily without messing with a metal bar. Not to mention the number of people who don't realize they have a special stabilizer bar and just try to pry the whole thing off and ends up with a borked spacebar.

Yep, that's one of the big downsides of Costar stabilizers. That's why I suggested in another thread that they should just clip their Cherry stabilizers like other companies, such as Ducky does, as it gives a much better/solid feel without any of the complications of Costar stabilizers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently on my second K95 (cherry browns) with this exact issue. The spacebar feels like a different switch from the rest of the board, because the overly loose stabilizers produce a loud, high pitched rattling sound before actuation. This makes it really unpleasant to type on.

So many units having the same problem can't be a coincidence. I am beginning to suspect a design flaw or bad batch.

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased the "k95 Gunmetal" version which comes with the Cherry MX Speed Switches (which take some getting used to if you're moving from a membrane keyboard). Anyway, my keys have no issues what so ever. ALL of the keys act and sound alike. I have not had any issues at all with mine (knock on wood, so I do not jinx myself). Aside from the "Speed" switches requiring a learning curve, I am extremely happy. If I had just one request, it would be that the Gunmetal version have switch options other than the default of just "one". But, I knew that going in and so, I will end this reply as a happy camper!

Archived