Corsair Community

How I got my Corsair One Pro

madgame1230

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this since most of you are probably in the same shoes I was in yesterday pulling my hair out trying to find a Corsair One Pro.

Going to summarize my story as much as possible:

Noted most web retailers (Amazon, Newegg, Corsair) were out of stock, but Best Buy showed their PRO model could be ordered online and would be delivered by the middle of next week at their free shipping rate, or I could even do expedited shipping on my dime to get it here middle of this week. I also noticed Best Buy was selling the base line pro (480 SSD + 2 TB HDD - $2199.99 on corsair's site) for the price of the 1 TB SSD Pro ($2299.99), but when I looked at the regular "One", Best Buy's price was consistent with every other retailer, so I thought surely this had to be a mistake in Best Buy's pricing. Or someone sneaky at corporate was trying to pull a fast one.

Anyway, I went into my local Best Buy store, and, after trying to explain the situation with a technically illiterate individual, asked to speak to someone in their computer dept. I explained the scenario again to this person, and he saw my point, but said "Unfortunately we cannot price match another one of the retailers", yada yada. Again I went back to my point of how I believed this to be an error in the posting (reiterating the storage options and showing him all of the different retailers), that I was not asking for a price match, but for them to recognize this as a mistake and adjust accordingly. He stared at it for a few moments and said "I think you're right, let me get my Manager".

15 minutes later I was walking out of the store with my Corsair One Pro order placed. I had opted for 1 day shipping and it's to be arriving at my residence in two hours or less. I live in Texas and the PRO is shipping from CA. So the stock is available at Best Buy, at least for a limited time. Hopefully this enables some of you to get your computer. I will update this post again when the computer finally does arrive just to make sure it's not some hoax :)

An added note - if your birthday is some time in April and you get Best Buy's nice 10% off one item coupon, or you want to take your chances buying one on eBay, you could get the One for a nice discount. If you use the 10% coupon you won't be able to get them to mark the price down to $2199.99 first, BUT 10% off of 2299 is a better deal than 2199.99 anyway - wish I had done the math and tried to find one of those coupons earlier!

Cheers!

Archived