Corsair Community

Commander Pro Select Fan Mode

Shad0wlife

Hey everyone!

I'm planning on buying a commander pro for multiple reasons,

one of them is running the pump and fan of a GPU Hybrid Kit off the device so I can control the speed via software.

The question is: can I manually set an output to PWM/voltage control mode?

I need to know this because the pump will always need 12V (so I'd just set the port to PWM), but the other fans might be voltage controlled (or voltage controlled/pwm mixed).

Any info on such an option?

Thanks!

-Shad0wlife

1. you will be able to set the fan header on the gpu pump is plugged into on the commander to what ever you like with in Link. although to control it. as long as it on a header thats set to MAX it doesnt matter..

2. meaning if you have control of your motherboards fan headers in bios etc. plug it in there, will be able to control gpu fan's/pump via its usb connection with link. leaving the commander with fan options still open ;) ;).. this is assuming your going to use one of the i series corsair coolers?.... hope that helps bud...

Thanks for replying!

Actually I'm not going to use a corsair i series cooler, as it's a kit for a 1080Ti (Reference) GPU and there's no HG10 for it available. The pump does not have a USB connection and will always run at full power off 12V.

Didn't even think of simply turning an output to static max to have 12V. Thanks for the tip!

I guess I'll go see how much I'll be able to run off the device then.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, sorry to necro this somewhat, but I felt creating a new thread would be too much.

My Commander PRO arrived - yay! But before setting up everything, I still have one question:

Does anyone have an idea how much power (preferably in Watt, but current in amps would be ok too) I can draw off ONE fan header of the Commander PRO? I couldn't find any data on that, neither on the website nor in the handbook. FYI, the pump is expected to draw 7.5W (max 8W I'd guess) off the fan header.

Also, how much power can I draw off all ports together, because I'm planning to fill them completely.

Thanks for helping!

Thanks for that.

I just rechecked my Install Guide on paper that came with the device. That info is not in there. Instead there's a max RGB LED strip per channel and a max RGB fan per channel there. So I guess that got updated on the download... which is the only thing I did not check, expecting the Install Guide from the box to be identical.

Well I guess 8W @ 12V on a fan header are only 0.667 Amps, so I should be fine. Thanks again!

EDIT: Hope you still see this: the Install Guide and your table are not clear on one detail: Your table says Device Total = 4.5A and then RGB LEDs 4.5A. I expect them to add up to 4.5A*12V + 4.5A*5V=76.5W, and the LEDs don't take away from the fan limit. Is this assumption correct?

Archived