Old 01-18-2019, 11:57 AM

POST ID # = 990383
Storx Reputation: 10

2 x XSPC RX480
2 x HW Labs 480GTS

Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM

POST ID # = 990387

Had some progress on the build, lots of playing around with fittings for the correct needs, right now i just have the case sitting on my office floor running both pumps on just the radiator loop with distilled water w/ dawn dish soap..... Dummy me i spent the time cleaning out the XSPC rads when I got them in the mail, but completely forgot to clean the HW Labs upper rads until i already had all the fans and rads installed with partial loop installed, so decided to get some practice in bending tube and assemble a temp loop of just the rads, then run it for a day or so, then drain it and finish the loop.

The plan for now is to take my old gaming PC and transplant it into the case for now as i continue to shop for the m-ITX motherboard for it used. Then run it on the watercooled loop for a a few months tell the new Ryzen 3000 series are released. The recent release at CES19 along with new engineer samples popping up online of a 16 core variant with clocks of 4.8Ghz, want to wait out for those CPU's to come out and more than likely order one of them to complete the build in regards to the gamer rig.

As for the 2nd rig, just because the new CPU's im aiming to get has a potential of 16 cores with possibly 5.0Ghz plus, i may hold out on putting that system in the rig, since the rig should be able to do everything on its own with that powerful of a CPU, so when i made my last fittings order through performance PC, i ordered the AM4 bracket kit that allows me to use the heatkillers CPU block i already ordered on the AM4 platform also if i go that route.

The waterloop is soooooo quiet that i cant even hear it running with the side panel off the case while running... just silky quiet. Inserted video at the bottom, will include link to it here.. https://www.facebook.com/storxusmc/v...8419473727575/

Old 01-20-2019, 04:44 AM

POST ID # = 990607

Well had the night off from work, so took the time to transplant the old gaming rig over to the new case so i can enjoy the case for a few months tell Ryzen 3000 series comes out to make my decision on my next CPU, Really amazed by the temps, im hitting max temps of 32c CPU and 27c GPU while gaming on it with CPU overclocked to 5.0Ghz (3570k). Right now i have the Fans all setup on 300rpms from 0c to 50c, then ramps to 1300rpms up to 100c. Also have the fans maxed out running at 100% to get the air out of the system, noticed that after adding the CPU and GPU block i got way more bubbles in the system compared to running it with just pump and rads.

I did run into an issue, the plug on the phantek halo lux's is not compatible with the commander pro, so i need to find an adapter to connect the daisychain of halo's to the command pro.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:44 PM

POST ID # = 991696

Im extremely impressed with the cooling capacity of this waterloop, i cant even hear a single sound from the PC while streaming my games and its maintaining near passive cooling levels, fans just running at 0% fixed rpm keeps the loop under CPU under 35c while streaming... unfortunately the commander pro does not turn the fans off completely below 300rpms, i know when i had the same fan plugged into motherboard for testing i could drop rpms to 0rpms and the fan physically turned off, which was my aim at doing when the pc is sitting idle or just surfing the web, turn the fans down based off a curve and wake up as temps rise.. but commander pro seems to be limited at this... I have the fans setup to start ramping up starting at 40c on the CPU from 0 rpms, then hit max fan speed by 85c, the D5 pumps i just have them set at 35% fixed rpms, while playing with the computer anything above 35% did not change the temps of the system at all unless the fans speeds are increased. I can bump pumps to 100% and keep the fans at 0% (roughly 300rpms) and the temps dont change, but 35% was the sweet spot in my system before it raised 1c in temps.

This is screenshot of my temps while streaming League of Legends to twitch.tv