Corsair Community

Corsair k70. No more textured spacebar?

JasonBiscuit

Same here. The textured spacebar was something I loved about my K70 (normal). I was kinda disappointed when I bought this and there wasn't any.

I have the KB that was the original logo instead of the "tramp stamp", thus following the serial number from Yellowbeard to buy the keyboard off Newegg instead.

I think that might be one of the reasons... but I could be wrong.

this is also upsetting me... because that is one of the features I really liked about the K70 but its gone now.... and I could not get the original logo on my k70 from my local store :( so im stuck with this tramp stamp.... should I return this...

p/n: CH-9000068-NA

SN: 178614468418

• 1 month later...

Hi, I know this is old thread, but I am having the same problem. I already own two K70 keyboards, one MX Brown and another one MX Blue. Both have that beautiful textured space bar.

Today, I purchased one from new batch. This one is black keyboard, MX Red switches and blue LEDs. Unfortunately it did not come with textured spacebar which I love. Even the picture on the packaging shows this identical keyboard, but with textured spacebar, and the one inside came with regular spacebar, smooth one.

Is there any way I could get textured spacear sent to my address?

Keyboard part number is: CH-9000085-NA

In case it's needed, I have a photo of the whole sticker, with all the other numbers on it.

Here is 3 photos I just took:

http://imgur.com/a/0wRSp

Thanks in advance!

Send Corsair James a PM and he'll send you one:

Hi Wolffeypoo (love the name),

During a production run, unfortunately, the textured spacebar was omitted and thus did not match the box art.

We do have replacement textured spacebars available now to send out to those users who desire one. Simply PM me your name, address (including country), and I can have our customer service send one out manually.

Thanks.

Jan 31 was a Saturday, most likely he's on the forum mainly only from Monday to Friday and on Monday he'll have to read all the PMs from the weekend apart from doing everything else he does. Give him some more time.

Ok. It's not like it rush or anything, don't want to sound impatient, and it's not like I'm going to die if I don't get that textured spacebar. It's just, it's one of many things that sets this keyboard apart from many other keyboards out there.

I was just thinking maybe he's not even visiting these forums anymore, and therefore decided to ask about some other ways of communicating with him.

I will wait, no problem... And thank you terabyte, once again!

Regards!

Ok. It's not like it rush or anything, don't want to sound impatient, and it's not like I'm going to die if I don't get that textured spacebar. It's just, it's one of many things that sets this keyboard apart from many other keyboards out there.

I was just thinking maybe he's not even visiting these forums anymore, and therefore decided to ask about some other ways of communicating with him.

I will wait, no problem... And thank you terabyte, once again!

Regards!

No worries, he posted on here just last Friday for sure. He definitely visits the forum ::pirate::

• Corsair Employee

Sorry about that slight delay. I do only visit the forums on the weekdays since thats when I am active at work. I haven't been able to reply to as many threads as I've liked since I'm up to my waist with working on the software bugs and with the beta team.

I also however reply to all of my PM's (give a day or two at most) so feel free to ping me if theres a request for a spacebar or theres something that needs my immediate attention.

I received my Corsair K70 (non-RGB) w/ brown switches yesterday and was disappointed to find that the space bar is not textured. It has the older Corsair logo and red LEDs. The image on the box shows a textured spacebar. I ordered it from Newegg last week. I'm very happy with the keyboard otherwise. I'll be sending you a PM, James.

;):

It might be best to contact Corsair James and see what he can do.

Space bar was sent out on Feb-4, at least that's what James said himself. I already contacted him and exchanged couple of PMs with him, which can be seen from couple of my and James's previous posts in this same thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived