Corsair Community

K70 Happy Owners - anyone?

MihaiEU

Hi,

I ordered a K70 from Amazon and after I checked for common issues with this KB I saw that the most frequent one is the infamous dead LED failure.

So now, I'm waiting for my KB and I'm wondering: are there people who own a K70 for more that 2 months and have no dead LED issues? Or is it just something I should expect to happen, in which case I think I'll just cancel my purchase.

Thanks in advance. :)

I have had my black K70 with red LED since the moment they were released. I ordered direct from corsair so avoided the long wait UK retailers seemed to have at the time by quite a few weeks. I must have been one of the first in the UK to get one.

I have not had a single issue with my keyboard, it seems the red LED ones avoided the dying LED issue but still I am sure it is a very small number of people with the issue, obviously people don't generally go to support forums to say their product is fine.

I hope your keyboard turns out to be fine, I am sure you will love it, they are very nice keyboards. I love the fact that they look pretty normal in shape when it comes to a keyboard, I really do not like the look of the odd shaped gaming keyboards other companies keep churning out.

Yeah, the shape and the design made me purchase it as well. I hate G keys cause they're always in the way and all the other bells and whistles like LCD screens and apps that no one uses just add up to the cost unnecessarily.

I really hope it will be fine since I'll be using it in Romania and RMA would take a while. Anyways, I'm still curious if there's anyone using a sliver one for more than 2 months without any issues regarding LEDs.

I just bought a gunmetal grey blue backlit K70.

Plugged it in, didn't work, it did light up for a minute, then poof, started disconnecting reconnecting. The three indicator lights on the three buttons up top light up everytime it connects/disconnects from the USB interface. Tried moving the selector switch around to different settings and nothing.

Switched to a different machine, my laptop. Plugged it in, same thing.

Defective right OOTB. Was going to exchange for a new one, but based on all the LED problems and the fact that it was dead right OOTB I might just return it and look elsewhere. Seems like corsair is really damaging their own reputation with this thing, quality control issues seem to plague their mfg'ing or design.

It's a really cool keyboard, I love it, I wish it worked, I'd even keep it if some of the LEDS on it busted (which would really suck anyways) but.. alas, it don't work right OOTB.

i picked mine up from a local Fry's when it was released, flawless out of the box, and no issues at all so far. i have the black/red.

i came from a k90 which i also purchased on released, also worked great out of the box, had the key repeat issue occasionally but that was sorted out with a F/W flash later. sold it to my friend and it was still in excellent condition and 100% like when the day i bought it.

so you can count me as a happy owner :)

So no grey KB without LED problems? :)

My first silver k70 had 20+ dead led's after about 10 weeks of use. The replacement silver k70 I was sent now has 16 dead LED's after 13 weeks of use. I don't know if it's a fluke, but my first silver k70 and replacement k70 developed their first dead LED after 8 weeks of use, and the latter after 6 weeks of use. If I ever get around to going through rma again, I'm going to see if I can get the black/red edition :/

It would be great if Corsair acknowledged this as a problem, released a statement to all users that they have found and fixed the problems in the keyboard. They should release an updated version of the K70 gunmetal blue like K70v2 or K71 and recall all the defective keyboards that are out there, so that we don't have to waste any more time.

Or at the very least replace RMA units with an updated model with all these problems FIXED.

Right now you just replace or RMA an existing unit just to get the same faulty design back with the same LED and other issues.

I have have nothing but problems with my K70 keyboards and I am about to RMA my third. None have lasted more than 7 weeks. My LEDs work on this one but I am getting double characters and I am sick of this. I spend more time waiting or a workinng keybboard and correcting the typos(see any?) than I spend gaming. I am about to start a thread nnow.

Either that's normal or I'm extremely lucky.

You're extremely lucky. The K70 has given me nothing but grief. Almost every keyboard manufacturer that uses Cherry MX switches has owners complaining about keys that type double-characters or no characters at all.

I've had the K70 with MX Blue switches for about 2 months now, no problems. No dead LEDs, media keys working fine, no random disconnects.

Either that's normal or I'm extremely lucky.

Is it a silver or a black one? Are LED blue or red?

I just received the KB. I was planing to give it away but it was an instant love when I saw it and unboxed. I just wish the LED would not play dead with me in a few weeks. But boy, this is like the keyboard world Ferrari. Don't know yet about QC but in design department Corsair are just awesome. Good job guys. Hope your quality control is better on my batch than on previous ones. If not, I'm just going to RMA till I get a decent one cause this is the best KB I've ever used, period (and I'm 35 so I've had my share). Now get that wireless mouse so I can go full Corsair gear.

They are a nice looking keyboard. Mine stopped acting up after a few days and has been working great. The double-letter typing might have been because it got cold outside and it needed time to adjust. It might not make any sense but that's all that changed. It dropped into the 30's and that made it about 8°F cooler inside. Whatever the reason, it works again and I am happy with it now. Good luck with yours.

P.S. All of my LED still work too.

I bought the MXred Silver/Blue LED less than 3 months ago and already I have 2 dead LEDs. The Esc key and numpad 7. I must assume they are the first of many to fail from what most of you are saying.

Happy? Not anymore. Spend over $100 for what I thought was a quality product. I shouldn't have to pay the shipping on something that is clearly a manufacturing defect. If it was just my keyboard...sure but when so many other KB have the same problem it should be a free recall. Not the way to get customer loyalty.

I bought the MXred Silver/Blue LED less than 3 months ago and already I have 2 dead LEDs. The Esc key and numpad 7. I must assume they are the first of many to fail from what most of you are saying.

Happy? Not anymore. Spend over $100 for what I thought was a quality product. I shouldn't have to pay the shipping on something that is clearly a manufacturing defect. If it was just my keyboard...sure but when so many other KB have the same problem it should be a free recall. Not the way to get customer loyalty.

It's worth a shot to contact Corsair support by phone and push for a prepaid shipping label. (Don't yell at them)

Archived